Turn on thread page Beta

2016 AQA English Literature predictions? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi all. I am revising everything obviously but does anyone have any particular questions that they think are likely to come up? Thanks

(GCSE)

ReputationRep:
    which book are you doing? My school chose The Crucible

ReputationRep:
    I think a question about Candy will come in 'Of Mice and Men' and perhaps a theme on loneliness or discrimination.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shado.)
    which book are you doing? My school chose The Crucible :(
    Me too :( How are you getting on with it?

ReputationRep:
    For An Inspector Calls people are saying most likely Shelia for the character question

ReputationRep:
    Well I personally am doing TKAM and AIC with the conflict poetry cluster but I'm leaving this thread open to other predictions to help others too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyward32)
    I think a question about Candy will come in 'Of Mice and Men' and perhaps a theme on loneliness or discrimination.
    I seriously hope so, I swear if it's on Slim or Carlson I will cry lol

ReputationRep:
    OMAM - Carlson and Curley
    CHARACTER AND VOICE - ?????????????????????
    DNA - ?????????????????????????

ReputationRep:
    I think:

Dill for TKAM
    Jerome and the Landlord for The Woman in Black

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redcoats)
    I think:

Dill for TKAM
    Jerome and the Landlord for The Woman in Black
    I've heard quite a few rumours about Dill. I've also heard something about the woman (miss maudie, calpurnia)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing OMAM and AIC and our teacher has said Carlson, Curley or Candy could come up for OMAM and either Sheila and/or Gerald for AIC - there could be something about their relationship as neither of them have came up in a while

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliemayanne)
    I've heard quite a few rumours about Dill. I've also heard something about the woman (miss maudie, calpurnia)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think Miss Maudie has already seen the light of day on the exam paper in 2012, yet it could be Calpurnia. However, there are only really two passages about Cal (in Black Church and at the beginning of the book) so would the examiners make it that easy to predict?

ReputationRep:
    anyone have any predictions for mister pip or the crucible, have no clue what I'm doing for either...

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing VFTB as thats the book i ve been studing

ReputationRep:
    is anyone doing woman in black?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Hankey)
    anyone have any predictions for mister pip or the crucible, have no clue what I'm doing for either...
    Our english teachers reckon Danforth is going to come up as the character question for The Crucible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaptErin)
    Me too How are you getting on with it?
    Just revising the characters and completely ignoring the themes. So I'll definitely choose the character question regardless who it's going to be (i do hope it's going to be danforth or hale though)

ReputationRep:
    Just revising the characters and completely ignoring the themes. So I'll definitely choose the character question regardless who it's going to be (i do hope it's going to be danforth or hale though)
    If Hale or Danforth were to come up I'd definitely go for the character question (maybe if Elizabeth came up too), but I'm hoping for an easy theme like betrayal last year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaptErin)
    If Hale or Danforth were to come up I'd definitely go for the character question (maybe if Elizabeth came up too), but I'm hoping for an easy theme like betrayal last year!
    I'm worried that minor character may come up, like Cheever or Hathorne. I'm not really sure if it's possible since they aren't as important as Danforth or Hale, but meh, still worried

ReputationRep:
    I'm worried that minor character may come up, like Cheever or Hathorne. I'm not really sure if it's possible since they aren't as important as Danforth or Hale, but meh, still worried
    Yeah me too, but I keep thinking that they can't because they both have about 2 or 3 lines, so what can you really write about them?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 24, 2016

University open days

• University of Derby
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evening - Derby Campus Postgraduate
    Tue, 22 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.