Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey there!
    Just wondering if anyone else is seating this exam...
    If so, how are you feeling about it? Any predictions of what it might come up?

ReputationRep:
    Hey there! I'm sitting this exam. Pretty worried tbh, I feel like these 'depth' units are more unpredictable. It could literally be on anything :/

Been revising loads though, finished up to Personal Rule earlier and planning to continue on to financial issues soon.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sitting this exam too! there are so many specific bills and legislation we need to know its confusing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10sriramans)
    I'm sitting this exam too! there are so many specific bills and legislation we need to know its confusing
    Really? That's only for the later part, and there aren't that many Acts to know. Triennal Act, Habeas Corpus Act, Act against Dissolution, Bill of Attainder, and there may be one or two more

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here got an idea of what types of question would come up? I have practiced a couple but am struggling to find any other kinds of question due to this being a new spec.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Geedorah)
    Anyone here got an idea of what types of question would come up? I have practiced a couple but am struggling to find any other kinds of question due to this being a new spec.
    No idea what will come up but these are some b style ones we have looked at in class

"The Grand Remonstrance was the result of the radicalism of Pym" Explain why you agree or disagree with this view.

"Charles I's demand for the Forced Loan of 1626 was purely a political measure" Explain why you agree or disagree with this view.

Was Parliamentary radicalism justified?

"Finance was the main reason for the breakdown in relations 1625-1629" How far do you agree.

"Parliament was more to blame than Charles I" How valid is this assessment of the causes of the deterioration in the relationship between Crown and Parliament in the years 1625 - 1629?

"The King was unsuccessful at managing the actions of his advisors" Explain why you agree or disagree with the following statement.

"Charles' reign was doomed from the start" Evaluate how accurate this statement is.

ReputationRep:
    That exam was quite beautiful tbh, thank you AQA

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely hated the first source though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaylee_khalifa)
    I absolutely hated the first source though
    Whaaaaaat? It was amazing? It was written by an ambassador so you can spend a paragraph just talking about the ambassadors neutrality

ReputationRep:
    I know and I did that but I hated it bc it was written in March 1625 so I couldnt think of much to say as 'own knowledge'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James9078)
    Which question did you do? 2 or 3?
    No.3

Talked about the grand remonstrance, ten propositions,. nineteen propositions, militia bill etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James9078)
    I did that but minus the ten propositions and the root and branch debate.
    Oh I knew I was forgetting something, I did indeed talk about the Root and Branch debates + Bill.

Overall though, very nice paper. Our class also did a source question nearly identical to the one in the paper just a week ago, with Lucy Hutchinson as one of the authors and the Venetian ambassador as the other. Talk about coincidence :P

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.