Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    without knowing anything, the media was quick to assume Egypt plane was an act of terrorist... is it media who puts fear into peoples heart??

ReputationRep:
    They do not, in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lascelles101)
    without knowing anything, the media was quick to assume Egypt plane was an act of terrorist... is it media who puts fear into peoples heart??
    Terrorism being speculatively linked to a plane unexpectedly going down with no contact, in a region and from a country where terrorism has been the cause of similar occurrences is hardly saying "every problem is terrorists".

ReputationRep:
    Lol, watch how someone associates the word terrorist with Islam.

Lol, wait for it......

Spoiler:
    Show
    There you go, That **** below me.

ReputationRep:
    it is not every problem, but a great deal is blamed on terrorists, hyping their ego
    (Original post by QE2)
    Terrorism being speculatively linked to a plane unexpectedly going down with no contact, in a region and from a country where terrorism has been the cause of similar occurrences is hardly saying "every problem is terrorists".

ReputationRep:
    it is not every problem, but a great deal is blamed on terrorists, hyping their ego
    LOL contradicting your self a little there

whyy does the media say every problem is terrorists?

to

it is not every problem, but a great deal is blamed on terrorists

Terrorism is currently News don't blame the media for reporting news as it is their job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    LOL contradicting your self a little there

whyy does the media say every problem is terrorists?

to

it is not every problem, but a great deal is blamed on terrorists

Terrorism is currently News don't blame the media for reporting news as it is their job.
    I realize my title was misleading, look @ the Egyptian case. b4 knowing any hard facts, they assume TERRORISTS, but in fact now they are saying there is a small chance it was terrorism, there was smoke in the cockpit which fried the systems

ReputationRep:
    I realize my title was misleading, look @ the Egyptian case. b4 knowing any hard facts, they assume TERRORISTS, but in fact now they are saying there is a small chance it was terrorism, there was smoke in the cockpit which fried the systems
    They make an assumption based on previous or known details or in the case of the Egyptian example details given by the Egyptian air authorities themselves which they also contradicted with other 'opinions' as it the way with the news.

It seems you are more concerned with the reporting though than the actual incident being reported.

But FYI the reports (and not the made up stuff) indicate there were failures in windows then a fire starting in the toilet behind the pilots does hint at small explosion in the toilet as the cause (otherwise why did the window seal fail first).

But as I say this is how news works it reports on what people say and make a story based around this.

Why this is an issue I simply do not know.

ReputationRep:
    Why does everyone say this after every major incident? then when we find out later it was Islamic terrorists, those people are nowhere to be found amongst the deafening silence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jebedee)
    Why does everyone say this after every major incident? then when we find out later it was Islamic terrorists, those people are nowhere to be found amongst the deafening silence.
    so what, we must assume it is a Muslim who is an extremist?? so we must report any Islamic person acting strangely around the incident??

ReputationRep:
    so what, we must assume it is a Muslim who is an extremist?? so we must report any Islamic person acting strangely around the incident??
    Not at all, just don't jump down people's throats for suggesting it could be down to muslims when realistically there is a significant possibility.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all, just don't jump down people's throats for suggesting it could be down to muslims when realistically there is a significant possibility.
    not jumping down any1s throat, is it truly a "significant" possiability?/

ReputationRep:
    Ever heard of propaganda?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't go outside, so I haven't.

ReputationRep:
    five dinars says it was terroriss

ReputationRep:
    Because it probably is

ReputationRep:
    not jumping down any1s throat, is it truly a "significant" possiability?/
    People were saying the exact same thing just after the Paris attack and the Brussels bombing. But you're right, we should just investigate those bloody Mormons. Just as likely to be them right?

ReputationRep:
    People were saying the exact same thing just after the Paris attack and the Brussels bombing. But you're right, we should just investigate those bloody Mormons. Just as likely to be them right?
    theres a possibility, however look how many planes have gone down to mechanical failures not terrorism..

ReputationRep:
    probably because it was a terrorist attack.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.