Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It feels like I've ****ed up my exams already. I got AA in my Double Science mock and I have flopped B1 as well as C1 (made stupid mistakes on this).

The exams seem so much different in terms of the format this year and I feel that in previous years GCSEs were predominantly memory work but now, if you revise, you're not always rewarded; as shown with Biology Unit 1 (AQA) on Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie Vardy)
    It feels like I've ****ed up my exams already. I got AA in my Double Science mock and I have flopped B1 as well as C1 (made stupid mistakes on this).

The exams seem so much different in terms of the format this year and I feel that in previous years GCSEs were predominantly memory work but now, if you revise, you're not always rewarded; as shown with Biology Unit 1 (AQA) on Tuesday.
    mhm, i can relate
    I felt my mock in English language went much better than the real thing; it really sucks

Sorry to hear it man

ReputationRep:
    Exactly! I feel the same way. The mocks were much easier, much better in every way, but these exams are just

ReputationRep:
    Yup, B1 was a killer for me. C1 was relatively easy but I got a ton of stupid mistakes. Anxiously waiting for Maths.

ReputationRep:
    I didnt revise for the mocks so i found the real exams easier

ReputationRep:
    people need to stop revising so much

there's no need for it

learn the basic facts, not the smaller ones,
    learn the equations though, and calculations

but ppl spend too long on stuff that WONT come up

use common sense people

ReputationRep:

Tell me about it. Why does it always seem to be harder for the real thing? B1 I know I absolutely flopped, but C1 was alright for me. So worried about Bio now considering I want to take it next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lol897)
    don't blame anyone blame yourself
    No people work hard and random questions which have never come up before come up so.....

ReputationRep:
    didn't revise for the mocks and still found them a sh*t ton easier than the exams we've faced so far..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OddFuturez)
    No people work hard and random questions which have never come up before come up so.....
    i sure you will do well don't stress and stay positive.you are a capable human . surely if everyone found the paper hard they will put the grade boundaries down.

ReputationRep:
    Believe it or not, I actually found my mocks harder than the real exams. I understood B1 a lot more than I did back in January/February.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAmAnTroll)
    people need to stop revising so much

there's no need for it

learn the basic facts, not the smaller ones,
    learn the equations though, and calculations

but ppl spend too long on stuff that WONT come up

use common sense people
    This is what i did with science. Nearly everyone from my school is revising and making notes on a whole revision guide when they can just learn the important stuff thats coming up or print off revision cards which are only on stuff that actually has a chance of showing up

& im actually glad the exams now arent only on memorizing stuff cos you need to know how to apply that knowledge into exams

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but how can you tell what's going to come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mpcc2000)
    Yeah but how can you tell what's going to come up?
    Just revise the important parts of the given subject, Not the whole subject. Most of the important parts are likely to come up.

This is good. It's science and what's the point of memory work? It's a science exam.

(Original post by Knight2k16)
    Just revise the important parts of the given subject, Not the whole subject. Most of the important parts are likely to come up.
    Tht is fake.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a link to un offical aqa mark shene?? thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    This happens every year. Without fail people say the real exams were harder than mocks. Problem is people spend too much time doing past papers. You might know the answers to the questions that have come up before but odds are they won't come up again (few exceptions with rotating papers). Focus on learning the ins and outs of the content, not on revising old papers where the exam content is likely to be different.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.