The Student Room Group

Mocks were better than the GCSE exams now

It feels like I've ****ed up my exams already. I got AA in my Double Science mock and I have flopped B1 as well as C1 (made stupid mistakes on this).

The exams seem so much different in terms of the format this year and I feel that in previous years GCSEs were predominantly memory work but now, if you revise, you're not always rewarded; as shown with Biology Unit 1 (AQA) on Tuesday.
Original post by Jamie Vardy
It feels like I've ****ed up my exams already. I got AA in my Double Science mock and I have flopped B1 as well as C1 (made stupid mistakes on this).

The exams seem so much different in terms of the format this year and I feel that in previous years GCSEs were predominantly memory work but now, if you revise, you're not always rewarded; as shown with Biology Unit 1 (AQA) on Tuesday.

mhm, i can relate
I felt my mock in English language went much better than the real thing; it really sucks

Sorry to hear it man
Exactly! I feel the same way. The mocks were much easier, much better in every way, but these exams are just:frown:
Reply 3
Yup, B1 was a killer for me. C1 was relatively easy but I got a ton of stupid mistakes. Anxiously waiting for Maths.
Reply 4
I didnt revise for the mocks so i found the real exams easier
people need to stop revising so much

there's no need for it

learn the basic facts, not the smaller ones,
learn the equations though, and calculations

but ppl spend too long on stuff that WONT come up

use common sense people

Tell me about it. Why does it always seem to be harder for the real thing? :frown: B1 I know I absolutely flopped, but C1 was alright for me. So worried about Bio now considering I want to take it next year.
Original post by lol897
don't blame anyone blame yourself

No people work hard and random questions which have never come up before come up so.....
didn't revise for the mocks and still found them a sh*t ton easier than the exams we've faced so far..
Reply 9
Original post by OddFuturez
No people work hard and random questions which have never come up before come up so.....
i sure you will do well don't stress and stay positive.you are a capable human . surely if everyone found the paper hard they will put the grade boundaries down.
Believe it or not, I actually found my mocks harder than the real exams. I understood B1 a lot more than I did back in January/February.
Reply 11
Original post by IAmAnTroll
people need to stop revising so much

there's no need for it

learn the basic facts, not the smaller ones,
learn the equations though, and calculations

but ppl spend too long on stuff that WONT come up

use common sense people

This is what i did with science. Nearly everyone from my school is revising and making notes on a whole revision guide when they can just learn the important stuff thats coming up or print off revision cards which are only on stuff that actually has a chance of showing up

& im actually glad the exams now arent only on memorizing stuff cos you need to know how to apply that knowledge into exams
Reply 12
Yeah but how can you tell what's going to come up?
Original post by Mpcc2000
Yeah but how can you tell what's going to come up?

Just revise the important parts of the given subject, Not the whole subject. Most of the important parts are likely to come up.
This is good. It's science and what's the point of memory work? It's a science exam.

Original post by Knight2k16
Just revise the important parts of the given subject, Not the whole subject. Most of the important parts are likely to come up.

Tht is fake.
Does anyone have a link to un offical aqa mark shene?? thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest