Edexcel IAL F1 exam, 20th May 2016

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    How did he exam go guys? How did you do the Matrices question where det(A)>0 ?

ReputationRep:
    I found the exam horrible, minimum 15 marks lost. Proof by induction part ii was not even attempted hahaha

for det A >0 i completed the square of the quadratic and at the end there was a plus 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoeHat)
    I found the exam horrible, minimum 15 marks lost. Proof by induction part ii was not even attempted hahaha

for det A >0 i completed the square of the quadratic and at the end there was a plus 2.
    hahahaha i did attempt it however i was not able to prove it. i did b^2 - 4(ac)>0 which im already guessing is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neeldodh1)
    hahahaha i did attempt it however i was not able to prove it. i did b^2 - 4(ac)>0 which im already guessing is wrong.
    nigglett that method shows that the quadratic has 2 real roots not greater than zero xD
    All in all it was horrible. Did you do the y=kx matrix thingy? gods sake.. ughh

ReputationRep:
    nigglett that method shows that the quadratic has 2 real roots not greater than zero xD
    nope i didnt know what to do and i was left with only 5 mins or else i'd have figured it out. everythinh else was smooth apart from proving and matrices

ReputationRep:
    yah k =5
    b2-4ac i got -8 so i said det a>0
    anyone gt root2 /2 fr dat z coefficient question as an answer

ReputationRep:
    n is dere an unofficial markscheme out dere? if so plz add da link ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saitama kun)
    yah k =5
    which question was the "root2 /2 fr dat z coefficient question as an answer"

ReputationRep:
    i will be able to get it by monday or tuesday

ReputationRep:
    dere was dis quadratic equation of z4 where we had to find its 4 roots where 2 of dem were 3+-8i i think cant recall clearly
    wat was da other 2 roots

ReputationRep:
    dere was dis quadratic equation of z4 where we had to find its 4 roots where 2 of dem were 3+-8i i think cant recall clearly
    wat was da other 2 roots
    +root 3 i and -root 3 i

ReputationRep:
    kk i think dat answer is correct

ReputationRep:
    In the complex number question, what did u get for z? I got z is 1/6 plus 1/2 i

ReputationRep:
    How did he exam go guys? How did you do the Matrices question where det(A)>0 ?

nope i didnt know what to do and i was left with only 5 mins or else i'd have figured it out. everythinh else was smooth apart from proving and matrices
    yah k =5
    i will be able to get it by monday or tuesday
    wat was da other 2 roots
    +root 3 i and -root 3 i
    kk i think dat answer is correct
    In the complex number question, what did u get for z? I got z is 1/6 plus 1/2 i
    I have written solutions here
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3#post65033993

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kprime2)
    I have written solutions here
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3#post65033993
    thank you

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.