Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel IAL F1 exam, 20th May 2016 Watch

ReputationRep:
    How did he exam go guys? How did you do the Matrices question where det(A)>0 ?

ReputationRep:
    I found the exam horrible, minimum 15 marks lost. Proof by induction part ii was not even attempted hahaha

for det A >0 i completed the square of the quadratic and at the end there was a plus 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoeHat)
    I found the exam horrible, minimum 15 marks lost. Proof by induction part ii was not even attempted hahaha

for det A >0 i completed the square of the quadratic and at the end there was a plus 2.
    hahahaha i did attempt it however i was not able to prove it. i did b^2 - 4(ac)>0 which im already guessing is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neeldodh1)
    hahahaha i did attempt it however i was not able to prove it. i did b^2 - 4(ac)>0 which im already guessing is wrong.
    nigglett that method shows that the quadratic has 2 real roots not greater than zero xD
    All in all it was horrible. Did you do the y=kx matrix thingy? gods sake.. ughh

ReputationRep:
    nigglett that method shows that the quadratic has 2 real roots not greater than zero xD
    nope i didnt know what to do and i was left with only 5 mins or else i'd have figured it out. everythinh else was smooth apart from proving and matrices

ReputationRep:
    yah k =5
    b2-4ac i got -8 so i said det a>0
    anyone gt root2 /2 fr dat z coefficient question as an answer

ReputationRep:
    n is dere an unofficial markscheme out dere? if so plz add da link ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saitama kun)
    yah k =5
    which question was the "root2 /2 fr dat z coefficient question as an answer"

ReputationRep:
    i will be able to get it by monday or tuesday

ReputationRep:
    dere was dis quadratic equation of z4 where we had to find its 4 roots where 2 of dem were 3+-8i i think cant recall clearly
    wat was da other 2 roots

ReputationRep:
    dere was dis quadratic equation of z4 where we had to find its 4 roots where 2 of dem were 3+-8i i think cant recall clearly
    wat was da other 2 roots
    +root 3 i and -root 3 i

ReputationRep:
    kk i think dat answer is correct

ReputationRep:
    In the complex number question, what did u get for z? I got z is 1/6 plus 1/2 i

ReputationRep:
    How did he exam go guys? How did you do the Matrices question where det(A)>0 ?

nope i didnt know what to do and i was left with only 5 mins or else i'd have figured it out. everythinh else was smooth apart from proving and matrices
    yah k =5
    i will be able to get it by monday or tuesday
    wat was da other 2 roots
    +root 3 i and -root 3 i
    kk i think dat answer is correct
    In the complex number question, what did u get for z? I got z is 1/6 plus 1/2 i
    I have written solutions here
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3#post65033993

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kprime2)
    I have written solutions here
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3#post65033993
    thank you

Poll
Still A Remainer Or A Brexiteer?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.