Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    With the exam looming I just wondered how everybody is preparing etc.

What do you guys think will feature, particularly on unit 2? I have gone through past papers and the Constitution has been a source based question for the past three years so I think this year it may be a forty marker this year. Maybe on reforms since 1997? I'm leaving out the Prime Minister ad Cabinet as I hate the theories so am focusing on the Judiciary, Constitution and Parliament.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    x

ReputationRep:
    I feel as if the constitution question will ask about extent of reforms in 1997 and whether they went far enough but as a 25 marker, i feel there isn't a great deal on the subject for a 40 marker

ReputationRep:
    Oh and i'm working on PM and Cabinet and Pressure groups and democracy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.ItsJustMe)
    I feel as if the constitution question will ask about extent of reforms in 1997 and whether they went far enough but as a 25 marker, i feel there isn't a great deal on the subject for a 40 marker
    there is another thread

ReputationRep:
    constitution is the only 40 marker i could answer properly. Our teacher is useless. Parliament im okay with sovereignty and functions but we never learnt how to answer reform questions. I want judiciary for first section and constitution for 40. We havent learnt lords reforms at all and theres loads of questions on that. How is everyone else revising ? Im doing plans. Also what do you hardest in unit 2 and how are you revising it

ReputationRep:
    i hope constitution 40 marker is on advantages/disadvantages of constitution. we havent done reforms at all and theres onyl a page about it i my textbook

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AllanSmith22)
    i hope constitution 40 marker is on advantages/disadvantages of constitution. we havent done reforms at all and theres onyl a page about it i my textbook
    That hasn't come up for a while tbh
    Most of the questions have been on constitutional reform and their significance
    There hasn't been a question in a while about codified vs uncodified constitution.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    That hasn't come up for a while tbh
    Most of the questions have been on constitutional reform and their significance
    There hasn't been a question in a while about codified vs uncodified constitution.
    good. what 2 40 markers do you want to come up ?

ReputationRep:
    I am retaking the unit 1 paper. Does anyone have any predictions for the pressure group and democracy 25 markers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AllanSmith22)
    good. what 2 40 markers do you want to come up ?
    probably strengths of the constitution and codified vs un-codified lol

ReputationRep:
    how many paragraphs in a 40 marker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manehatesschool)
    how many paragraphs in a 40 marker
    40 mark questions are usually between 2 and a half to 3 (or even 3 and a half if youre a fast writer) pages long
    it should have perhaps 3 points for and 3 against depending on the topic

hope this helps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.