Politics Edexcel 6th & 9th June AS Politics thread

Watch this thread
J.Randall
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
With the exam looming I just wondered how everybody is preparing etc.

What do you guys think will feature, particularly on unit 2? I have gone through past papers and the Constitution has been a source based question for the past three years so I think this year it may be a forty marker this year. Maybe on reforms since 1997? I'm leaving out the Prime Minister ad Cabinet as I hate the theories so am focusing on the Judiciary, Constitution and Parliament.
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed
Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
x
charliesupanova
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I feel as if the constitution question will ask about extent of reforms in 1997 and whether they went far enough but as a 25 marker, i feel there isn't a great deal on the subject for a 40 marker
charliesupanova
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Oh and i'm working on PM and Cabinet and Pressure groups and democracy
xxvine
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mr.ItsJustMe)
I feel as if the constitution question will ask about extent of reforms in 1997 and whether they went far enough but as a 25 marker, i feel there isn't a great deal on the subject for a 40 marker
there is another thread
AllanSmith22
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
constitution is the only 40 marker i could answer properly. Our teacher is useless. Parliament im okay with sovereignty and functions but we never learnt how to answer reform questions. I want judiciary for first section and constitution for 40. We havent learnt lords reforms at all and theres loads of questions on that. How is everyone else revising ? Im doing plans. Also what do you hardest in unit 2 and how are you revising it
AllanSmith22
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
i hope constitution 40 marker is on advantages/disadvantages of constitution. we havent done reforms at all and theres onyl a page about it i my textbook
xxvine
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AllanSmith22)
i hope constitution 40 marker is on advantages/disadvantages of constitution. we havent done reforms at all and theres onyl a page about it i my textbook
That hasn't come up for a while tbh
Most of the questions have been on constitutional reform and their significance
There hasn't been a question in a while about codified vs uncodified constitution.
AllanSmith22
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by xxvine)
That hasn't come up for a while tbh
Most of the questions have been on constitutional reform and their significance
There hasn't been a question in a while about codified vs uncodified constitution.
good. what 2 40 markers do you want to come up ?
MadeleineTeresa
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I am retaking the unit 1 paper. Does anyone have any predictions for the pressure group and democracy 25 markers?
xxvine
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AllanSmith22)
good. what 2 40 markers do you want to come up ?
probably strengths of the constitution and codified vs un-codified lol
manehatesschool
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
how many paragraphs in a 40 marker
mayo.a-o
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by manehatesschool)
how many paragraphs in a 40 marker
40 mark questions are usually between 2 and a half to 3 (or even 3 and a half if youre a fast writer) pages long
it should have perhaps 3 points for and 3 against depending on the topic

hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (60)
34.68%
The paper was reasonable (68)
39.31%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
16.18%
It was TERRIBLE (17)
9.83%

Watched Threads