Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    2 days left until my AQA exam and my teacher is still scrutinizing my essays like the beginning of the year, along with the fact that I panic over time conditions. Anyone else feel like they're screwed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukila)
    2 days left until my AQA exam and my teacher is still scrutinizing my essays like the beginning of the year, along with the fact that I panic over time conditions. Anyone else feel like they're screwed?
    Definitely haha - everybody seems to struggle with Literature though, so the grade boundaries are usually really low and that's what I'm taking my comfort in! I also have a tendency to panic with the time, but I've found that knowing exactly how long I'm going to spend on what before an exam and giving myself 5-10 spare minutes really helps to calm me down. Which books are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukila)
    I'm scared too How's your revision going?

ReputationRep:
    honestly I am too, theres so much to getting an A and I cant write professionally like others. I feel so scared that I wont be able to go to sixth form wtihout a grade in it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukila)
    I'm worried about the essay questions they will give us, some can be god's gift but others can be horrible.. and I can't wait to never have to think about Romeo and Juliet ever again

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing An Inspector Calls and Of Mice and Men. Anyone got any predictions?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing An Inspector Calls and Of Mice and Men, and my revision is going pretty badly; considering I haven't even fully re-read the books yet. I've seen some sample Band 5 and Band 6 answers and I just worry I will not be able to produce work of that quality in the given time. Just hoping that the lord favors me in this time of need.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukila)
    I'm doing An Inspector Calls and Of Mice and Men, and my revision is going pretty badly; considering I haven't even fully re-read the books yet. I've seen some sample Band 5 and Band 6 answers and I just worry I will not be able to produce work of that quality in the given time. Just hoping that the lord favors me in this time of need.
    me too sometimes, I just include any fancy words I know and hope they mean what i think they mean so I can sound more clever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukila)
    I'm really worried as well As long as you do well in English Language. That's the only grade universities care about and not english literature which is not that important. If you can get a B in english language and a C in english literature then it'll be fine!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukila)
    I'm doing Of Mice and Men and The Crucible. I haven't re-read them yet either but I have notes on them both and feel like I understand the books; I'm listening to the audiobook for The Crucible and praying for easy questions (if the question is on the theme of friendship for Of Mice and Men I might cry of happiness; hoping for a good theme question for The Crucible because character questions make me cry of sadness :L)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manaalykhans)
    Samee! Surprisingly more confident with an inspector calls more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manaalykhans)
    I'm doing AIC and people are saying most likely Sheila for the character question as she hasn't come up for the longest.

I'm really worried about this, Ive done hardly any revision and I don't think I'll be able to produce quality work let alone finish in the time. I'm also doing TKAM

Can someone please help me and like state the basic points and qoutes for Sheila in AIC|??|?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.