The Student Room Group

LMH Oxford: Ask us anything

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rohan77642
Hi

For gap year math applicants do you expect higher MAT scores than usual applicants?
Also are the interviews supposed to be more tough for gap year math applicants?

Thanks.

Hi Rohan, please be reassured that you will be treated like any other candidate - the process is a very holistic one and each candidate is assessed individually, so of course your gap year will be a factor (in so much as they'll want to see what you got out of it, and then are likely to set you work ahead of your first term etc.) but it certainly won't disadvantage you.

Hope that helps!
(edited 6 years ago)
Hiya!

I was wondering what the library facilities are like, and if there are many economics & management tutors and undergrad students? Also is there a gym nearby LMH?
LMH's library is pretty impressive. We were founded as the first college of women who, until then, weren't allowed an Oxford education and, for some years, didn't have access to the University's facilities. So we actually have a larger than normal stack of books in the college library as a result! I'd check out this virtual tour (by our Principal) to see the library and other facilities:

[video="youtube;kYTem8hXngA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYTem8hXngA[/video]

We actually have a gym too, he just misses it out!

Some more info on studying E&M at LMH here: http://www.lmh.ox.ac.uk/prospective-students/undergraduate/courses/economics-and-management
Original post by LMH OXFORD
LMH's library is pretty impressive. We were founded as the first college of women who, until then, weren't allowed an Oxford education and, for some years, didn't have access to the University's facilities. So we actually have a larger than normal stack of books in the college library as a result! I'd check out this virtual tour (by our Principal) to see the library and other facilities:

[video="youtube;kYTem8hXngA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYTem8hXngA[/video]

We actually have a gym too, he just misses it out!

Some more info on studying E&M at LMH here: http://www.lmh.ox.ac.uk/prospective-students/undergraduate/courses/economics-and-management

@JessNg forgot to tag you in :colondollar:
240517 (1).jpg

Are you interested in the Ancient World and how it can be studied at University? Then our FREE Taster Day is perfect for you. This day provides an excellent opportunity to explore what it is like to study a Classical subject at Oxford, and in particular at Lady Margaret Hall, and how to go about applying for such a course. It will include a variety of sessions, including the chance to speak to current students and listening to a talk from about the application process. You will also take part in two workshops with our LMH Classics Tutors and, after lunch, will visit the Ashmolean Museum for two further workshops (including a hands-on session working with Greek vases) and a tour.

We welcome any Year 12 student who is interested in the Ancient World and has a strong academic record. You do not need particular previous knowledge in any area of Classical studies, including languages.

The deadline to apply by is the 23rd of May. Apply here:
http://www.lmh.ox.ac.uk/prospective-students/working-schools/taster-days/classics-and-ancient-history-taster-day-29th-june
(edited 6 years ago)
Hello,

I am interested in applying to Medicine at Oxford, in particular to Lady Margret Hall. I was just wondering what the Medical tutors are looking for in applicants,in specific to your college, in the interviews?

And how heavily are predicted grades seen at Oxford?

Thank you!
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi
I'm from India. I am currently in the 12th grade and intend to apply to Oxford university for law. Are we supposed to submit the transcripts of our marks from the 9th grade till the 12th grade in the UCAS form or just the 10th grade and the 12th grade? Please help me out.

Thanks
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Yashasss
Hi
I'm from India. I am currently in the 12th grade and intend to apply to Oxford university for law. Are we supposed to submit the transcripts of our marks from the 9th grade till the 12th grade in the UCAS form or just the 10th grade and the 12th grade? Please help me out.

Thanks

Hi @Yashasss please email [email protected] - our admissions officer Patrick will be able to help :smile:
Hello, I got 7 A* and 4A at GCSE's. I was wondering if that's good enough in the context of my school's results; 23.7% achieved 5+ A* and 22.1% achieved 10+ A*/A.
Original post by chinkilicious
Hello, I got 7 A* and 4A at GCSE's. I was wondering if that's good enough in the context of my school's results; 23.7% achieved 5+ A* and 22.1% achieved 10+ A*/A.

Hello :smile: Congratulations on your fantastic results - please be reassured we have no formal requirements at GCSE's. You are right to note that we do use the context of your school's results. More info about that here: https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/applying-to-oxford/decisions/contextual-data?wssl=1

Which subject are you thinking of applying to?
Hello :smile: Congratulations on your fantastic results - please be reassured we have no formal requirements at GCSE's. You are right to note that we do use the context of your school's results. More info about that here: https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/applying-to-oxford/decisions/contextual-data?wssl=1

Which subject are you thinking of applying to?

Mathematics. I'm quite certain that most applicants for mathematics have very strong GCSE profiles and a large number of A*s.
Original post by chinkilicious
Mathematics. I'm quite certain that most applicants for mathematics have very strong GCSE profiles and a large number of A*s.

There certainly is an average, and they can help to make your application more competitive, but they aren't the be all end all. There are other (better) ways in which you can stand out such as practicing sitting the MAT test in timed conditions, exploring around your subject (listening to podcasts maybe) and recording your thoughts.

Please do get in touch at [email protected] - I'd be happy to refer you to a maths ambassador...
Greetings LMH! My name is Kieran,and I would like to ask if it is possible for undergraduate students to be admitted into 2 separate programmes of contrasting disciplines(eg.law and history) during their course of study at Oxford?Thanks!
(edited 5 years ago)
My son has an offer from LMH but is worried about one of his A levels and not attaining an A. I know that AAA is really the required grade set but should he contact the college on results day if he misses this by a narrow margin?
Hi,

Both my school and the sixth form college I hope to start at in September have mentioned I would be a good candidate for PPE. However, when I have looked at the course it seems that I would struggle to be taken seriously as an applicant because i Have dyscalculia whereas I imagine most other candidates would have a very strong background in maths. What advice do you have for me? I am extremely interested in politics, but I feel that given my specific learning difficulty I would have a huge disadvantage compared to other candidates. I have looked alternative courses, but I can't see anything I would want to do more than politics.

Also, do you take into account a person's experience as a young carer?

Thank you.
Original post by K Massang
Greetings LMH! My name is Kieran,and I would like to ask if it is possible for undergraduate students to be admitted into 2 separate programmes of contrasting disciplines(eg.law and history) during their course of study at Oxford?Thanks!

Hello! :smile: Sorry if I have not understood this, but do you mean as joint honours? i.e. studying law & history & combining them into one qualification?
Hi all,

Just a note to say that I will reply to your questions tomorrow. Apologies, we were away for the open day period!
Hello. Do you ask lots of maths questions in Econ and Management interviews?
Hello! :smile: Sorry if I have not understood this, but do you mean as joint honours? i.e. studying law & history & combining them into one qualification?

Yes,that combination for a joint honours programme and also,studying them as separate complete degrees.Thanks!
Hi, can you please tell me the "format" of a History interview at LMH i.e. is there a source interview and one about your personal statement etc... Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending