The Student Room Group

Edexcel PE GCSE

Scroll to see replies

Original post by helpmepickone
to get a b u need 32 and to get an a u need 52

omfg pls lord gimme an a!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thought i'd need like 65 for an a..................means i'm guarenteed a b then :d
Original post by Helpmepickone
what skl do u go to?

Arts & Media Schol Islington
What did ppl put the initiatives question!!?? Found that the hardest question rly
And for the fist question was the mental benefit physical activity is fun?
Original post by Brendan99
What did ppl put the initiatives question!!?? Found that the hardest question rly

help identify young talents and develop them to perform at national stage for example the olympics
And for the fist question was the mental benefit physical activity is fun?

thats what ppl told me
i wrote cooperation however its wrong cos thats social
help identify young talents and develop them to perform at national stage for example the olympics

I said something like initiatives encourage young people to take part by creating pe lessons to try the sport and get involved, I mentioned youth sports trust..........does this sound wrong?
I said something like initiatives encourage young people to take part by creating pe lessons to try the sport and get involved, I mentioned youth sports trust..........does this sound wrong?

i dont think i'm the right person to ask
Bike question I said about how the bike replicates the physical activity so it was specific and for the 10,000 meter question I said in the race it will include the runner running at different paces for example medium jog throughout the race but towards the end it'll be more like a sprint and this is similar to interval as it has changes in speed. :smile:

Yeah I put that the bike is specific to his sport and therefore would work the relevant muscle groups and make his body more specific for the sport and give him a better chance of sucess... probably wrong

For the 10,000m runner I said that he could do a 5000m run and then sprint a 100m runner - this would build his CV fitness with slight anaerobic work to simulate the end of a race where he would have a sprint finish with his other competitors - again probably wrong....

I swear I probably only got an A >.<
i dont think i'm the right person to ask

Haha :tongue:
Original post by _chloeematt
Yeah I put that the bike is specific to his sport and therefore would work the relevant muscle groups and make his body more specific for the sport and give him a better chance of sucess... probably wrong

For the 10,000m runner I said that he could do a 5000m run and then sprint a 100m runner - this would build his CV fitness with slight anaerobic work to simulate the end of a race where he would have a sprint finish with his other competitors - again probably wrong....

I swear I probably only got an A >.<

You did the same as me then, just in more detail :biggrin: ermmmm going from a C to an A will be difficult considering the theory only makes up 40%
Anyone remember the oxygen debt question?
Bike question I said about how the bike replicates the physical activity so it was specific and for the 10,000 meter question I said in the race it will include the runner running at different paces for example medium jog throughout the race but towards the end it'll be more like a sprint and this is similar to interval as it has changes in speed. :smile:

interval is all about having short rest
interval is all about having short rest

If I went back I would say they could walk as well but interval does include changes in pace still, for example sprint followed by walk so hope I get some sort of marks there
Also there was a question about how would you include agility/speed in someone's circuit because I think I screwed this up, I said Illinois agility run and 30 metre sprint :/
Hey Guys - thought I'd join in as I also took today!

In my practical I got full marks so I was on a C and I want an A* so I needed 60 marks - did I think I got it... maybe not probably just short if anything.

The last question I looked like my leg was having a spaz attack underneath the table (anyone else kick an imaginary football?) I talked about the antagonistic pairs and how the skeletal system allows for movement through the ligaments and tendons (although I got them mixed up🙈)

Did anyone have to try and stop themselves from laughing at the bike question? or just me?

How did you answer the interval training for the 10,000m runner??

Posted from TSR Mobile
omg yes me too haha the last question i bugged out! and the bike question omg haha, and for the interval training for 10,000m runner i said something like " you run 1000m then have a 3 minutes break and repeat it". i just chatted **** tbh haha
i hope i get A* tho becuase in the mocks i got 70/80 and 78/80! what did you write for the tests for power? i swear it took me 30 mins realising that standing broad jump test is another test for power haha!
Hey Guys - thought I'd join in as I also took today!

In my practical I got full marks so I was on a C and I want an A* so I needed 60 marks - did I think I got it... maybe not probably just short if anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the benefit of you and others asking for how many marks are needed for different grades, no one knows until grade boundaries are published in August.

I suggest you familiarise yourself with the awarding grades process: how the marks you receive in your exams are converted to a UMS score which determines which grade you receive.

This depends on the raw mark grade boundaries that are decided for each unit which then convert to a UMS score (which determines the overall grade: 90% UMS is an A*, 80% UMS is an A, 70% UMS is a C etc.) Past Edexcel GCSE grade boundaries can be found here: http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/results-certification/grade-boundaries.html?Qualification-Family=GCSE

But note that this summer's exam boundaries aren't decided until all exams have been marked. As an example, if we look at the grade boundaries for the theory exam from June 2015, you needed 60/80 for an A* (which converted to 72/80 UMS - i.e. 90%), 56/80 for an A (which converted to 64/80 UMS - i.e. 80% etc.).

http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/GCSE/1506-GCSE-Grade-Boundaries.pdf

The point is that you generally don't need as high amount of marks in the exam as you think to get the grade you want.

If you have got 50/50 in the practical, this converts to 120 UMS. The overall qualification is out of 200 UMS, so 120/200 = 60% = a C grade before you even walk into the exam.

To then get an A* having already got 120 UMS, you need another 60/80 UMS to make 180/200 UMS overall. To get 60/80 UMS last year (a grade B in the exam) you only needed 54/80 raw marks in the exam.
(edited 7 years ago)
Also there was a question about how would you include agility/speed in someone's circuit because I think I screwed this up, I said Illinois agility run and 30 metre sprint :/

i actually described a test then said that it would be similar to the illinois agilityy test.
Original post by theaceman
For the benefit of you and others asking for how many marks are needed for different grades, no one knows until grade boundaries are published in August.

I suggest you familiarise yourself with the awarding grades process: how the marks you receive in your exams are converted to a UMS score which determines which grade you receive.

This depends on the raw mark grade boundaries that are decided for each unit which then convert to a UMS score (which determines the overall grade: 90% UMS is an A*, 80% UMS is an A, 70% UMS is a C etc.) Past Edexcel GCSE grade boundaries can be found here: http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/results-certification/grade-boundaries.html?Qualification-Family=GCSE

But note that this summer's exam boundaries aren't decided until all exams have been marked. As an example, if we look at the grade boundaries for the theory exam from June 2015, you needed 60/80 for an A* (which converted to 72/80 UMS - i.e. 90%), 56/80 for an A (which converted to 64/80 UMS - i.e. 80% etc.).

http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/GCSE/1506-GCSE-Grade-Boundaries.pdf

The point is that you generally don't need as high amount of marks in the exam as you think to get the grade you want.

If you have got 50/50 in the practical, this converts to 120 UMS. The overall qualification is out of 200 UMS, so 120/200 = 60% = a C grade before you even walk into the exam.

To then get an A* having already got 120 UMS, you need another 60/80 UMS to make 180/200 UMS overall. To get 60/80 UMS last year (a grade B in the exam) you only needed 54/80 raw marks in the exam.

Could you work out what a B or A in marks out of the 80 would be considering I got 45/50 in my (60% practical)

I said the exact same because what else could we say?

Quick Reply

Latest