The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 2 Psychology: Understanding the Individual 23rd May (Old spec)

Predictions of what may come up?

Scroll to see replies

I'm not sure what will come up either last year was so unexpected because of the research methods 😅
Original post by Pauline-mae
I'm not sure what will come up either last year was so unexpected because of the research methods 😅

Last years paper was a psychodynamic 12 marker, do you think this year's 12 marker could possibly be a study?
O HALO: BUT STRESS IS NOT REQUIRED LEARNING FOR THIS SYLLABUS I HOPE?
IT IS 'psychodynamic approach' & 'learning approach' & 'biological approach' INSTEAD RITE?
I HAVE READ THAT YOU GET MARKS FOR DISPLAYING KNOWLEDGE & UNDERSTANDING; CRITICAL DEBATING POINTS; EVALUATION POINTS OF CITED STUDIES; CITING THE CORRECT PSYCHOLOGICAL THEORIES & MODELS; OFFERING EXAMPLES AS SUCH THAT ARE CITED WITH THE CORRECT NAMES & DATES; AND ALSO DISCUSSION ON THINGS LIKE QUANTITATIVE V QUALITATIVE DATA & HYPOTHESIS // VARIABLE TYPES ARE BETTER WITH MENTION OF THE MATHS KNOWLEDGE FROM THE MODULE eg MEAN // MODE // MEDIAN
[BUT I DON'T THINK WE NEED TO KNOW THE STANDARD DEVIATION FORMULA: THOU NOT SURE!!]
SO GOOD LUCK & HOPEFULLY WE WILL ALL GET SOMETHING DOWN FOR THAT LAST ANSWER THAT CAN ACCRUE MARKS UP TO 12 POINTS!!
#GOD BLESS#
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
Last years paper was a psychodynamic 12 marker, do you think this year's 12 marker could possibly be a study?

Possibly as for the last two years it hasn't been directed towards a specific study, if it was it'll be much easier 😅
Original post by Pauline-mae
Possibly as for the last two years it hasn't been directed towards a specific study, if it was it'll be much easier 😅

Yeah lol, but in the unit 1 exam apparently there was no questions related to studies and just all theories :/
Yeah lol, but in the unit 1 exam apparently there was no questions related to studies and just all theories :/

Oh really? That's so weird hope that doesn't happen :/
Reply 7
my bets are on comparing biological and psychodynamic they haven't done a comparison in a while, and never asked to compare them two
Original post by Sall1997
my bets are on comparing biological and psychodynamic they haven't done a comparison in a while, and never asked to compare them two

what about the 12 marker
Reply 9
what about the 12 marker

Yeah 6 for 6 describing gender development for one of them, and 6 for comparing it with another approach. What'd you reckon?
Yeah 6 for 6 describing gender development for one of them, and 6 for comparing it with another approach. What'd you reckon?

That is possible, but thats already come up before!
everyone ready?
everyone ready?

Lol no.... Really hope it's all learning and psychodynamic aha 🙏🏼🙏🏼
Original post by JosieFalk
Lol no.... Really hope it's all learning and psychodynamic aha 🙏🏼🙏🏼

I hope so too 😩
Reply 14
How did everyone find it? I missed out the 4 marker on longitudinal studies and rushed the 7 marker on planning the experiment about exams in class because I was so short on time! :frown:
Original post by Maylil
How did everyone find it? I missed out the 4 marker on longitudinal studies and rushed the 7 marker on planning the experiment about exams in class because I was so short on time! :frown:

Yeah time was really short I pretty sure everyone will have struggled. It was the 4 marker on validity of little hans that I don't honk I got all the marks for...
I think the 12 marker was a nice question, but this paper wasnt as good as last years.

Does anyone remember the questions? Excluding the multiple choice!
Reply 17
7 marker was wierd, what did everyone put? And 4 marks for eval longitudinal
7 marker was wierd, what did everyone put? And 4 marks for eval longitudinal

Which 7 marker are u referring to?

For the longitudinal study evaluation i talked about, cohort effect, also its good due to same participants (participant variables) - bad because time-consuming and requires large number of participants
anyone remember the questions?

Quick Reply