Edexcel Unit 2 Psychology: Understanding the Individual 23rd May (Old spec)

Watch
OrdinaryStudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Predictions of what may come up?
Pauline-mae
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm not sure what will come up either last year was so unexpected because of the research methods 😅
OrdinaryStudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pauline-mae)
I'm not sure what will come up either last year was so unexpected because of the research methods 😅
Last years paper was a psychodynamic 12 marker, do you think this year's 12 marker could possibly be a study?
ruthelwyne
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
O HALO: BUT STRESS IS NOT REQUIRED LEARNING FOR THIS SYLLABUS I HOPE?
IT IS 'psychodynamic approach' & 'learning approach' & 'biological approach' INSTEAD RITE?
I HAVE READ THAT YOU GET MARKS FOR DISPLAYING KNOWLEDGE & UNDERSTANDING; CRITICAL DEBATING POINTS; EVALUATION POINTS OF CITED STUDIES; CITING THE CORRECT PSYCHOLOGICAL THEORIES & MODELS; OFFERING EXAMPLES AS SUCH THAT ARE CITED WITH THE CORRECT NAMES & DATES; AND ALSO DISCUSSION ON THINGS LIKE QUANTITATIVE V QUALITATIVE DATA & HYPOTHESIS // VARIABLE TYPES ARE BETTER WITH MENTION OF THE MATHS KNOWLEDGE FROM THE MODULE eg MEAN // MODE // MEDIAN
[BUT I DON'T THINK WE NEED TO KNOW THE STANDARD DEVIATION FORMULA: THOU NOT SURE!!]
SO GOOD LUCK & HOPEFULLY WE WILL ALL GET SOMETHING DOWN FOR THAT LAST ANSWER THAT CAN ACCRUE MARKS UP TO 12 POINTS!!
#GOD BLESS#
Pauline-mae
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by OrdinaryStudent)
Last years paper was a psychodynamic 12 marker, do you think this year's 12 marker could possibly be a study?
Possibly as for the last two years it hasn't been directed towards a specific study, if it was it'll be much easier 😅
OrdinaryStudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pauline-mae)
Possibly as for the last two years it hasn't been directed towards a specific study, if it was it'll be much easier 😅
Yeah lol, but in the unit 1 exam apparently there was no questions related to studies and just all theories :/
Pauline-mae
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah lol, but in the unit 1 exam apparently there was no questions related to studies and just all theories :/
Oh really? That's so weird hope that doesn't happen :/
Sall1997
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
my bets are on comparing biological and psychodynamic they haven't done a comparison in a while, and never asked to compare them two
OrdinaryStudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sall1997)
my bets are on comparing biological and psychodynamic they haven't done a comparison in a while, and never asked to compare them two
what about the 12 marker
Sall1997
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
what about the 12 marker
Yeah 6 for 6 describing gender development for one of them, and 6 for comparing it with another approach. What'd you reckon?
OrdinaryStudent
Rep:
?
Yeah 6 for 6 describing gender development for one of them, and 6 for comparing it with another approach. What'd you reckon?
That is possible, but thats already come up before!
OrdinaryStudent
Rep:
?
everyone ready?
JosieFalk
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
everyone ready?
Lol no.... Really hope it's all learning and psychodynamic aha 🙏🏼🙏🏼
Pauline-mae
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JosieFalk)
Lol no.... Really hope it's all learning and psychodynamic aha 🙏🏼🙏🏼
I hope so too 😩
Maylil
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How did everyone find it? I missed out the 4 marker on longitudinal studies and rushed the 7 marker on planning the experiment about exams in class because I was so short on time!
JosieFalk
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Maylil)
How did everyone find it? I missed out the 4 marker on longitudinal studies and rushed the 7 marker on planning the experiment about exams in class because I was so short on time!
Yeah time was really short I pretty sure everyone will have struggled. It was the 4 marker on validity of little hans that I don't honk I got all the marks for...
OrdinaryStudent
Rep:
?
I think the 12 marker was a nice question, but this paper wasnt as good as last years.

Does anyone remember the questions? Excluding the multiple choice!
Sall1997
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
7 marker was wierd, what did everyone put? And 4 marks for eval longitudinal
OrdinaryStudent
Rep:
?
7 marker was wierd, what did everyone put? And 4 marks for eval longitudinal
Which 7 marker are u referring to?

For the longitudinal study evaluation i talked about, cohort effect, also its good due to same participants (participant variables) - bad because time-consuming and requires large number of participants
OrdinaryStudent
Rep:
?
anyone remember the questions?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (179)
46.37%
Take exams next summer (56)
14.51%
Change uni choice through clearing (92)
23.83%
Apply to uni next year instead (41)
10.62%
I'm not applying to university (18)
4.66%

Watched Threads