Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering whether we get AO2/3 marks for criticising a study that we used as AO2.

For example:

Using Zimbardo's prison expt to support the De-individuation theory..then going on to say ''however, this study has ethical issues / is ethnocentric'' etc

Also, if we do get marks would it be classed as ao2 or ida?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty123A)
    I was wondering whether we get AO2/3 marks for criticising a study that we used as AO2.

For example:

Using Zimbardo's prison expt to support the De-individuation theory..then going on to say ''however, this study has ethical issues / is ethnocentric'' etc

Also, if we do get marks would it be classed as ao2 or ida?

Thanks!
    Hi, when evaluating any study its classed as A02/3, I think that if its a big issue then it counts as an IDA but I'm not 100% sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle_w)
    Hi, when evaluating any study its classed as A02/3, I think that if its a big issue then it counts as an IDA but I'm not 100% sure
    Thankss I was hoping it does get marks cos i do it quite a lot in my essays. Did you find that out from your teacher or a textbook or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thankss I was hoping it does get marks cos i do it quite a lot in my essays. Did you find that out from your teacher or a textbook or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My teacher constantly goes on about layering evaluation points to boost our A02/A03 mark. It's much easier than having to remember loads of studies for each essay and has helped me go from an A to A* grade

ReputationRep:
    My teacher constantly goes on about layering evaluation points to boost our A02/A03 mark. It's much easier than having to remember loads of studies for each essay and has helped me go from an A to A* grade
    Well done!

How many ao2 points do you make (and how many studies)? If you dont mind me asking.

I've been self-teaching so i need all the help i can get lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well done!

How many ao2 points do you make (and how many studies)? If you dont mind me asking.

I've been self-teaching so i need all the help i can get lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I normally include around 4 research studies as A02 to support/ refute theory. So in one essay there may be two theories, so two studies for each. I then layer the evaluation for at least one e.g internal validity/generalisation. I also include two IDA's and the research can be used to base them on e.g beta bias or nature v nurture.

ReputationRep:
    I normally include around 4 research studies as A02 to support/ refute theory. So in one essay there may be two theories, so two studies for each. I then layer the evaluation for at least one e.g internal validity/generalisation. I also include two IDA's and the research can be used to base them on e.g beta bias or nature v nurture.
    Oh i see, we structure our essays quite similarly then. You've been of great help and good luck in your exams .

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.