Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know this is a long shot - I'm at a U grade 7 days before the exam. I'm struggling with both units and no matter how hard I attempt the revision guide questions or revise the topics or do past papers, I'm not getting any higher than a low E at most. It's probably impossible for me to get a good grade now but I just wanted to know if anyone has had any success this close to the exam? Or if there's any ideas on how I can actually get the idea of how to understand the topic? I am really trying and don't want to fail this. Any advice is welcome (the exam board is WJEC)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilycerysjones)
    I know this is a long shot - I'm at a U grade 7 days before the exam. I'm struggling with both units and no matter how hard I attempt the revision guide questions or revise the topics or do past papers, I'm not getting any higher than a low E at most. It's probably impossible for me to get a good grade now but I just wanted to know if anyone has had any success this close to the exam? Or if there's any ideas on how I can actually get the idea of how to understand the topic? I am really trying and don't want to fail this. Any advice is welcome (the exam board is WJEC)
    Hi, I didn't do WJEC AS chemistry but I did OCR AS last year. I was at a D/E grade around 3 weeks before the exam and ended up with a B in one paper and a C overall. I looked through all of the mark schemes looking at the answers that always come up and understood that there were some topics that I wasn't going to get right. If you notice the points in the mark scheme that always get the marks you should be fine. Break each topic down into just a few points so you don't feel overwhelmed Don't worry about it, once in the real exam you may find that information just comes to you.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.