Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever tried spying apps on your partner? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What do you think of these function?
    I have suspicion that my partner is cheating on me. My friend has suggested me to use this app: http://www.phonespyapps.com/thetruthspy-review to find out the truth.
    I have never done it and I am not sure if this is the right thing to do. But it can track messages and phone calls, as well as the location. So it is very tempting.

What would you do? Share your thoughts.

ReputationRep:
    If you think your partner is cheating on you, ask them. It's not rocket science. the key to a healthy, happy and successful relationship is communication and trust. By 'spying' on your boyfriend, you are breaking both those traits. What if your boyfriend were to find out you had been 'spying' on him and it turns out he was completely innocent? If I were him I'd running as far away from you as possible.
    And if you do 'spy' on him, and find out that he is cheating... aren't you just as bad? Seeing as cheating is breaking someone's trust, just as spying is?

ReputationRep:
    No cos I don't have one.

Probably cos I study a lot and never leave my room..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stk1010)
    If you think your partner is cheating on you, ask them. It's not rocket science. the key to a healthy, happy and successful relationship is communication and trust. By 'spying' on your boyfriend, you are breaking both those traits. What if your boyfriend were to find out you had been 'spying' on him and it turns out he was completely innocent? If I were him I'd running as far away from you as possible.
    And if you do 'spy' on him, and find out that he is cheating... aren't you just as bad? Seeing as cheating is breaking someone's trust, just as spying is?
    Not the same, logically maybe, but the reaction one has to being spied on is not the same as being cheated on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanteTheDoorWot)
    Not the same, logically maybe, but the reaction one has to being spied on is not the same as being cheated on
    You're right. But, the point is, it's still an intentional act of betrayal. If I found out my girlfriend had been spying on me I honestly think I'd end it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.