Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Please could someone work out the answer to the electric potential in Q 4) c) - I got the rest of it right, but my answer was different to the book for that part
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pippabethan)
    Please could someone work out the answer to the electric potential in Q 4) c) - I got the rest of it right, but my answer was different to the book for that part
    What did the book get, and what did you get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBride)
    What did the book get, and what did you get?
    I got 2500V, whereas the book got 5000V

ReputationRep:
    The Pd across the gap is 10KV. So halfway the PD will be half of that which is 5000V

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirRaza97)
    The Pd across the gap is 10KV. So halfway the PD will be half of that which is 5000V
    Oh okay, thank you!
    I used the electric field strength from V/d and multiplied by r to get Velec. Is this an incorrect method?

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay, thank you!
    I used the electric field strength from V/d and multiplied by r to get Velec. Is this an incorrect method?
    Yes you can use that equation! Field Strength is the same but the distance r is half

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirRaza97)
    Yes you can use that equation! Field Strength is the same but the distance r is half
    Aha maybe that's where I went wrong! Thank you

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.