Edexcel GCSE maths, give each other questions to do.

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Make them juicy because this year they have made gcse maths much harder, i'll start us off,http://prntscr.com/b6fzjk

ReputationRep:
    That's easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there'snoneed)
    That's easy
    lol ok well it's a starter, then in that case, try dis http://prntscr.com/b6fzjk, gonna replace my first link with this one actually.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 761
Size:  184.2 KB

im not sure if this image will work as im on mobile but this was on an edexcel paper, but yeah proof is pretty easy

ReputationRep:
    Are these real past paper questions because our schools done practically all the past papers for edexcel maths humanely possible. now we do AQA cause we've run out.

ReputationRep:
    Are these real past paper questions because our schools done practically all the past papers for edexcel maths humanely possible. now we do AQA cause we've run out.
    mine wasn't but my maths teacher gave me it as an A* prediction booklet for this year

(Original post by ihatehannah)
    Make them juicy because this year they have made gcse maths much harder, i'll start us off,http://prntscr.com/b6fzjk
    Please let the edexcel IGCSE students join in. Content is quite similar just IGCSE has some extra topics and is less wordy with its questions. :-)

Good practice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrlhyms)
    mine wasn't but my maths teacher gave me it as an A* prediction booklet for this year
    The predictions never work though and the questions on it are quite hard that they actually are in the real exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Xenon_)
    Please let the edexcel IGCSE students join in. Content is quite similar just IGCSE has some extra topics and is less wordy with its questions. :-)

Good practice.
    yeah i've been doing IGCSE as practice papers-they are pretty good

ReputationRep:
    The predictions never work though and the questions on it are quite hard that they actually are in the real exam.
    But its better to spend 3 minutes practicing a hard question that could gain you 6 marks in the exam, then you could just loose in the exam if you didn't do it before

yeah i've been doing IGCSE as practice papers-they are pretty good
    The IGCSE is easier, right? What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 761
Size:  184.2 KB

im not sure if this image will work as im on mobile but this was on an edexcel paper, but yeah proof is pretty easy
    part A , I got q= 0.4 and p = 1000

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Xenon_)
    The IGCSE is easier, right? What do you think?
    yes because it asks questions in 3 or 4 parts, but its good to look at some variation they could ask, what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    yes much harder past paper exam questions, which make you think, perfect practice for the exam

ReputationRep:
    But its better to spend 3 minutes practicing a hard question that could gain you 6 marks in the exam, then you could just loose in the exam if you didn't do it before
    Not if it takes you longer.

ReputationRep:
    part A , I got q= 0.4 and p = 1000
    how come you got that? i got p=1600 and q=1/2 as i referenced to the point on the graph where t=0 and F=1600 and anything to the power of 0 is one so just rearranged

ReputationRep:
    how come you got that? i got p=1600 and q=1/2 as i referenced to the point on the graph where t=0 and F=1600 and anything to the power of 0 is one so just rearranged
    ahhh 1600, thought it said 1000, very hard to read , pic was blurry for me sry.

ReputationRep:
    Not if it takes you longer.
    well seeing how hard people have found edexcel C1 and FP1 in a level i think we're gonna be in for a shock hahah so better safe than sorry

ReputationRep:
    ahhh 1600, thought it said 1000, very hard to read , pic was blurry for me sry.

hahah sorry my picture is terrible, well you would have got that right!

ReputationRep:
    How do you know they've made maths harder this year, and in what way? I know it got really difficult last year, but I figured they'd go a bit lighter because of all the backlash :/

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read here first

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.