Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    They're really helping to motivate me since I don't really know what to do with myself at the moment apart from turn up to exams lol. It's made me feel more excited/anxious about this whole GCSE experience.

I've realised that there are 4 different types of people:

- People who don't revise/revise a small amount but still get good grades
    - People who revise a lot/work hard and get the grades they hoped for
    - People who didn't get the grades they wanted
    - People who get like 10A*/A's but 1B and think their lives are over

I was thinking of making my own video though :ahee: (even if I'm not happy with the result I get)

ReputationRep:
    I've watched a few, and yeah either people got terrible results or amazing results !
    They don't really motivate me, just make me anxious that I won't be able to celebrate my results but it's good that it's helping motivate you
    Go ahead and make one, I would totally watch it in the summer aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiniun)
    They're really helping to motivate me since I don't really know what to do with myself at the moment apart from turn up to exams lol. It's made me feel more excited/anxious about this whole GCSE experience.

I was thinking of making my own video though :ahee: (even if I'm not happy with the result I get)
    I do as well, i don't know why but they really interest me lol. I'm just excited for it to be over and have a looong summer of netflix

ReputationRep:
    I have watched quite a few to motivate myself to work hard to either be as happy as the people in the videos or to prevent myself from being in the situation they are in.

ReputationRep:

I watched them a few months ago, maybe back in March. It kinda made me feel really anxious, so I stopped. I was always like "oh I could get better grades than them" but now that I'm actually doing my GCSEs, it feels really last minute and I'm aiming for Bs lol.

ReputationRep:
    fml i hate the people that are like 'omg im s**t at (subject) how did I get an A*'' well you're clearing not badthen like gosh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pixiefuller)
    I've watched a few, and yeah either people got terrible results or amazing results !
    They don't really motivate me, just make me anxious that I won't be able to celebrate my results but it's good that it's helping motivate you
    Go ahead and make one, I would totally watch it in the summer aha
    Omg yay, I'm guaranteed 1 view:woo:

ReputationRep:

Omg same haha thought I was the only one! Yeah make one! And then you can look back on it and use it as motivation for A-Levels!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romansholiday)
    I watched them a few months ago, maybe back in March. It kinda made me feel really anxious, so I stopped. I was always like "oh I could get better grades than them" but now that I'm actually doing my GCSEs, it feels really last minute and I'm aiming for Bs lol.
    Same, after a couple exams that I've taken so far, I've had to lower my expectations a bit
    But I've seen you on other GCSE threads and you seem so smart, you should try aim for A's

ReputationRep:
    HAHAHAHA its literally all I do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rihana.c)
    I do as well, i don't know why but they really interest me lol. I'm just excited for it to be over and have a looong summer of netflix
    In the summer I'm going to watch like 5 different series in a row idc :lol: (I've got a whole list of shows I need to catch up on)

ReputationRep:
    In the summer I'm going to watch like 5 different series in a row idc :lol: (I've got a whole list of shows I need to catch up on)
    aha saame. I literally have so much to catch up on lol

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.