AQA Geography (Physical) 24th May 2016 Watch

vik_k1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
The topics I am doing for the exam are; Water on land, Restless Earth and Coasts. Any predictions and revision techniques?
Protostar
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by vik_k1)
The topics I am doing for the exam are; Water on land, Restless Earth and Coasts. Any predictions and revision techniques?
Hey I'm doing the same units! Are you prepared for the exam? I haven't revised at all and I'm slightly worried but at the end of the day it's geography and I hate it - can't wait to never have to learn about a river ever again!
vik_k1
Rep:
?
(Original post by NiamhM1801)
Hey I'm doing the same units! Are you prepared for the exam? I haven't revised at all and I'm slightly worried but at the end of the day it's geography and I hate it - can't wait to never have to learn about a river ever again!
I know how you feel, I've got 6 exams next week so I haven't done as much revision as I would have liked to have done. I'm not choosing it for A level but I still want to try my best and get a good grade. I'm not sure what questions will come up, especially for restless earth. Earthquakes, Tsunamis and fold mountains will be fine. I need to revise volcanoes more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Protostar
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I know how you feel, I've got 6 exams next week so I haven't done as much revision as I would have liked to have done. I'm not choosing it for A level but I still want to try my best and get a good grade. I'm not sure what questions will come up, especially for restless earth. Earthquakes, Tsunamis and fold mountains will be fine. I need to revise volcanoes more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I'm still aiming for an A* but I just have no motivation to revise for it as its so dull! As for 8 marker predictions I haven't actually seen many of the recent papers but I'm hoping that for restless earth it's comparing an earthquake in a rich vs poor country, for rivers something on hard and soft engineering and for coasts I'm not sure as I've forgotten 90% of what's even in the unit.

Which units are you doing for human, out of interest?
vik_k1
Rep:
?
Yeah I'm still aiming for an A* but I just have no motivation to revise for it as its so dull! As for 8 marker predictions I haven't actually seen many of the recent papers but I'm hoping that for restless earth it's comparing an earthquake in a rich vs poor country, for rivers something on hard and soft engineering and for coasts I'm not sure as I've forgotten 90% of what's even in the unit.

Which units are you doing for human, out of interest?
I'm doing Population, Tourism and Urbanisation for human geography.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Protostar
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm doing Population, Tourism and Urbanisation for human geography.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is urbanisation the same as changing urban environments? Cause if so we're dong the same again
amyjanee15
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Im doing the exact same, but my school are doing revision for 3 hours before the exam it is optional so I'm going to go! I'm dreading it
vik_k1
Rep:
?
Is urbanisation the same as changing urban environments? Cause if so we're dong the same again
Yes, it's changing urban environments.

Posted from TSR Mobile
aidanjt
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
We've only just finished the River topic so I'm not 100% au fait with it :/
I'm hoping for some easy questions, especially on Restless Earth. Please nothing about supervolcanoes! I don't know what it is, but I think it's something to do with the fact that this is the topic I can least associate with. Funnily enough, supervolcano eruptions aren't that common in Yorkshire...
Ellie233567
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am doing Water on the Land, Restless Earth and Coast, we only finished our cast course on Friday I feel so unprepared!! Revision techniques?? erm well I just do past papers)
luciie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If anyone still needs some resources, I've just stumbled across these videos and they're pretty good
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx2...O8_nwNQ/videos
(There's videos for Restless Earth, Water On The Land, Globalisation and Population)
Protostar
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by aidanjt)
We've only just finished the River topic so I'm not 100% au fait with it :/
I'm hoping for some easy questions, especially on Restless Earth. Please nothing about supervolcanoes! I don't know what it is, but I think it's something to do with the fact that this is the topic I can least associate with. Funnily enough, supervolcano eruptions aren't that common in Yorkshire...
Ah rivers was the first topic that we did so I'm like a semi-pro at it haha
I'm also worried about restless earth as I just have no idea what they can actually ask? All I can think of is comparing earthquake damage so I'm secretly hoping that that comes up as the 8 marker...
Haha! Can you imagine? I'm also from Yorkshire whereabouts are you from?
aidanjt
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ah rivers was the first topic that we did so I'm like a semi-pro at it haha
I'm also worried about restless earth as I just have no idea what they can actually ask? All I can think of is comparing earthquake damage so I'm secretly hoping that that comes up as the 8 marker...
Haha! Can you imagine? I'm also from Yorkshire whereabouts are you from?
I'm thinking tsunamis will pop up... ditto monitoring/predicting.
I'm from North Yorkshire, near the North York Moors NP- you?
Protostar
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm thinking tsunamis will pop up... ditto monitoring/predicting.
I'm from North Yorkshire, near the North York Moors NP- you?
Ah..guess I'll have to cram that then - not a lover of tsunamis at all
And I'm from West Yorkshire - I'm a Leeds girl
aidanjt
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ah..guess I'll have to cram that then - not a lover of tsunamis at all
And I'm from West Yorkshire - I'm a Leeds girl
I've been 'revising geography' all day now, and I haven't actually learnt anything yet...
MattB_
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
From what my teachers have been telling me, something to do with salt marshes is almost definitely going to come up. The responses to a flood is also likely to come up for water on the land. For the restless earth I would guess that something to do with an earthquake (volcanoes were covered in last years paper) or a tsunami is going to come up
Protostar
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've been 'revising geography' all day now, and I haven't actually learnt anything yet...
Geography's tomorrow for me - been focusing on English today but similarly I haven't done much at all either...
Hopefully I can get my act together for geography as I know next to nothing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (35)
11.15%
I used to but I don't now (11)
3.5%
No, but I want to start (113)
35.99%
No, I am unable to (69)
21.97%
No, I chose not to (86)
27.39%