The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel B Geography - Unit 1 - Tuesday 24th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SmithAmelia
Will I get any marks at all though?

So yes you would get the marks because you either used a local or national/global action.
Reply 141
What did people put for the 8 markquestion on extreme environments?
and also, for the managment of the biosphere,i talked about 3 strategies (CITIES, national parks, ramsar) none of them were in alot of detail as i just stated what all of them protect, however realised now rhat i was only supposed to talk about one managment in detail:frown: will i still get credited for it or not?
Reply 142
On the 8 mark coasts i misread and thought they were talking bout flooding to make salt marshes :angry:
Original post by spoony2799
what did people put for the eight marker on coasts?

is it the one about conflicting views?
Original post by zxmm
and also, for the managment of the biosphere,i talked about 3 strategies (CITIES, national parks, ramsar) none of them were in alot of detail as i just stated what all of them protect, however realised now rhat i was only supposed to talk about one managment in detail:frown: will i still get credited for it or not?

wasn't the 8 marker on extreme environments about climate change on traditional economies???

I thought the one on national parks in battle for the biosphere or climate change?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by zxmm

Yeah you will get credited as they are all relevant. What did you put for the one marker on rivers.
Reply 146
What did people answer for the flood management systems for a named example and its success in rivers?
Reply 147
Original post by Malcolm mcglyn
I wrote about MARPOL who ensure that ships are designed better in order to limit oil spillage leaks. I also talked about MPAs which create fish nurseries which stops fishing and recreational use in this areas. Which allows more juvenile fish to reproduce as they are not being fished. I also mentioned the Law of the Sea which decreases the amount of ships entering certain oceans.

How many marks do you think I would get for talking about Soufriere bay then a bit about international whaling laws then a bit about litter in the north pacific and that no one will take responsibility for it
Original post by oen1bh
What did people answer for the flood management systems for a named example and its success in rivers?

I talked about levees and dams and how the success of them relies upon the weather systems of that country.
Original post by Speedbird129
Yeah you will get credited as they are all relevant. What did you put for the one marker on rivers.

wasn't the 8 marker about traditional economies in extreme environments???
Original post by rayestar
wasn't the 8 marker about traditional economies in extreme environments???

That is correct
So yes you would get the marks because you either used a local or national/global action.

But I thought national was different to global..
But I thought national was different to global..

As long as you gave an example it would be fine.
As long as you gave an example it would be fine.

Thank You
Thank You

That's ok. :smile:
for the management of the biosphere 6 marker i talked about RAMSAR but it said that it had to be national or local strategies, would i get any marks for my answer?
Original post by zxmm

Same here, I don't understand how can you talk about one in so much detail.
Reply 157
I think if they're being lenient then they would allow Ramsar/cites because it did specifically say national or local and I was on the verge of doing a global one too but I read the question again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 158
Original post by Chittesh14
Same here, I don't understand how can you talk about one in so much detail.

I talked about the Lalo Loor Dry Forest reserve in Equador
Original post by nahyr
I talked about the Lalo Loor Dry Forest reserve in Equador

Oh right lol nice :P.
Idk man, I didn't even revise for this one - I'm happy it was easy lool.

I'm going to revise so much for Unit 2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending