Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, for the Homer's Odyssey topic do you have to know quotes for the essay questions?
    Also does anyone have any predictions?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    x

ReputationRep:
    guys i know its late but if you need revision advice i found a channel on YouTube which is quite helpful, he's called Ryhan Hussain https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg2...S5iIu74rRO5x1w

ReputationRep:
    Hey! How did you guys find today's exam?

ReputationRep:
    I found it pretty easy actually, though that might be because I messed it up :L I did the Book 12 question, and the question on whether Odysseus qualifies as a hero. I managed to write about 8 pages for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TurtleberrySoup)
    I found it pretty easy actually, though that might be because I messed it up :L I did the Book 12 question, and the question on whether Odysseus qualifies as a hero. I managed to write about 8 pages for it.
    Oh thank gosh I'm not the only one! I went in super super scared but came out smiling - I also did Book 12/Odyssey as a hero - I felt like those were definitely the "gimme" questions! I spent most of my 45 marker ****ging Odysseus off as an awful awful man though >-<.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roarchika)
    Oh thank gosh I'm not the only one! I went in super super scared but came out smiling - I also did Book 12/Odyssey as a hero - I felt like those were definitely the "gimme" questions! I spent most of my 45 marker ****ging Odysseus off as an awful awful man though >-<.
    I went on about how heroism is relative to that society, and that Odysseus human failings don't take away from his heroism, in fact he triumphs over his flaws in the final books in a way that is truly heroic. Or something to that effect :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TurtleberrySoup)
    I went on about how heroism is relative to that society, and that Odysseus human failings don't take away from his heroism, in fact he triumphs over his flaws in the final books in a way that is truly heroic. Or something to that effect :L
    Ah, I really like your interpretation! I went with Odysseus is a Homeric hero, but our standards of heroism have changed such that by modern standards, he isn't (because he isn't honest and doesn't always look out for his men) - and therefore he's a 'flawed hero'. Might have been one of my worst last sentences in an essay ever, but at least I got a lot written down!

ReputationRep:
    Could someone send me their Electra notes plz

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.