Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi all

Punched someone today in the wrong way and messed up my hand somehow, and I was wondering if this is relatively normal and how long I can expect it to persist.

It's just painful to put pressure on it, move my fingers around a lot, etc.

I don't think it's fractured or anything but it's quite painful and I can't really write at the moment. I have an exam on Tuesday so I'm really worried it will persist.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi all

Punched someone today in the wrong way and messed up my hand somehow, and I was wondering if this is relatively normal and how long I can expect it to persist.

It's just painful to put pressure on it, move my fingers around a lot, etc.

I don't think it's fractured or anything but it's quite painful and I can't really write at the moment. I have an exam on Tuesday so I'm really worried it will persist.
    Can't diagnose you here obviously but go to your local minor injuries centre or out of hours GP, it needs looking at really before your exam if it's no better now. Also speak to your school or whoever first thing tomorrow and see if there's anything they can arrange so you don't have to write as much or at least can have rest breaks, I'm sure you won't have been the only one in this sort of situation. It'll work better if you've seen someone and know what's wrong from an evidencd point of view though and if anything's broken etc it needs looking at anyway. Good luck in your exam!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.