The Student Room Group

RAMADAN 2016 Any muslims planning on secretly not fasting?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by I am Iron Man
Yes I understand that YOU'RE not interested but other people may take you comments personally.
And you can't mock Iron Man

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not my problem if allah has lodged a massive stick up someones arse. I will say whatever i desire, its not inciting hate or preaching to hurt people, religious people are pretty good at that themselves.

Weirdly i can mock iron man if i want.
Original post by Anonymous
my genuine reaction was

nah

the fact that I have to be told and that it doesn't come naturally to me dispels any truth I may have previously perceived tbh

thanks for letting me know I'm definitely not Islamic. I wasn't sure there for a minute.

There is still a chance for you to educate yourself in islam and learn the hikmah (the wisdom) of its rulings and choose to come back to it. There is a chance for all of us aslong as we are alive. May allah guide us all.
Original post by Nidhoggr
"It's ok, I dont mind that much. I sneak in a chocolate bar once in a while during Ramadan"

- Allah

Allah always has the best quotes..
My word. It is the biggest blessing. If i am alive, i will die before i decide to eat or insult my creator in such a way.
Unless i'm ill, no way.
oh for gods sake stop insulting the people in the world who are actually starving. fasting during sunlight hours does not give you the real and true feeling of starvation because you get to stuff your face and eat as much as you want when its dark.

Now you are saying that we get to eat in the dark. Dude, do you even know what ramadan means?
And tell you what, at least we get to eat after dark, imagine if Allah had ordered us to to fast the whole day!! then we wont get to stuff our mouth with food after dark but, would you be happy with that? Would you then fast?
I don't think so
Astagfirullohaladzim
'secretly not fast' Allah is watching lol. You can fast whether you practice Islam or not, I had a non-Muslim teacher who started fasting with me few years ago. You need to understand why we fast. The poor don't have the food and the basic needs we have, you might feel sorry for them but you haven't experienced the same pain they go through. You don't know what it's like waking up in the morning with nothing to eat because you always have something to eat. You wouldn't understand the pain they go through unless you fast and experience what they go through throughout their lives just for a month. Fasting is all about being grateful for what god has given you and creating a stronger bond with the poor. It is also purifies the body and a great way to lose weight effectively.
Original post by JAFF2400
'secretly not fast' Allah is watching lol. You can fast whether you practice Islam or not, I had a non-Muslim teacher who started fasting with me few years ago. You need to understand why we fast. The poor don't have the food and the basic needs we have, you might feel sorry for them but you haven't experienced the same pain they go through. You don't know what it's like waking up in the morning with nothing to eat because you always have something to eat. You wouldn't understand the pain they go through unless you fast and experience what they go through throughout their lives just for a month. Fasting is all about being grateful for what god has given you and creating a stronger bond with the poor. It is also purifies the body and a great way to lose weight effectively.

I was under the impression you ate during hours of darkness, thus you don't wake up with nothing to eat, you wake up very early and consume a large amount of calories to last you for a long day without food/liquid, then once at sundown you eat again....it's hardly comparable to your body beginning to consume it's own muscular because it's so starved of nutrients after weeks and months of eating leaves from trees and actual dirt.

You're grateful for God what has given you, fair enough, but what of those who are literally dying of hunger in their thousands, adults and children...babies...why has God given you such a bounty, and yet they suffer so much? A lot of it is climate related, are they not praying for the rains in the right way?
(edited 7 years ago)
Ramadan is the best time of the year i seriously cant wait for like 3/4 of my year is Muslim so literally everyone fast. sneakingly eating behind peoples back because they'll never know but remember Allah's watching you 24/7
I was born into a muslim family, wouldn't consider myself a practicing Muslim at all. Last Ramadan i didn't fast i secretly ate when no one was around and i'm planning to do the same this year too as Ramadan approaches in a few weeks time. What are your thoughts on this? Do any fellow 'muslims' do this too? I know it's bad but i really don't see the point in fasting if i don't even practice the religion...? If you're a non muslims what are your thoughts on my decision? Just curious :smile:

Nice trolling 10/10

Posted from TSR Mobile
My word. It is the biggest blessing. If i am alive, i will die before i decide to eat or insult my creator in such a way.

Your ' creator ' gets offended if you eat during Ramadan. wow. what a thin skin he has.

Original post by Abdullah Khan
Now you are saying that we get to eat in the dark. Dude, do you even know what ramadan means?
And tell you what, at least we get to eat after dark, imagine if Allah had ordered us to to fast the whole day!! then we wont get to stuff our mouth with food after dark but, would you be happy with that? Would you then fast?
I don't think so

I don't understand what your on about. I said that muslims can only eat when its dark during ramamdan, that's true and you just said it yourself so whats the problem ?

are you trolling me ? if muslims couldn't eat in the entire day then they'd die because you cant survive a month without food or water.
Original post by JAFF2400

as I said to someone else, pls don't insult those who are actually starving in the world by saying that during ramamdan you know what their going through because you don't. you still get to eat as much as you like when its dark so that can in no way be compared to people who are genuinely starving in 3rd world countries who struggle to get enough food all the time.
as I said to someone else, pls don't insult those who are actually starving in the world by saying that during ramamdan you know what their going through because you don't. you still get to eat as much as you like when its dark so that can in no way be compared to people who are genuinely starving in 3rd world countries who struggle to get enough food all the time.

How am I insulting? Of course I'm not starving exactly as them but to some degree that can actually make me feel sorry for them. When I'm not fasting of course I do care about the poor but not as much as I do when I fast. I do starve during the day some poor people do go thru that but of course their situation is much worse. Sayinig that im insulting them is the complete opposite of what am trying to do. I understand your point but saying its insulting isn't the right word. insulting the poor is not caring about them at all, not donating to charity, or not helping them.
Original post by akeel1001
can u please explain as who gave u brain well it came from some were from the very start

Lol you're actually delusional
Original post by HuzaifahN
Why do you have to secretyl eat? Why cant you just not fast in the first place?
I know I dont fillow every rule but you only have to fast for one month in the year and it is cumpulsory. If you cant do that and you have to eat secretly then idk about you but you cant really call yourself a muslim.

In my experience you have to pretend in front of extended family members because they are extremely judgemental and hateful if you just say you don't want to. I don't think it's healthy or appropriate to fast; especially for thirty days.
Original post by I am Iron Man
According to Imams and leading scholars taking examinations are not a valid reason to avoid fasting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really could not give a damn, I care more about my exam results than starving myself. I want to be able to concentrate on my exams and actually get good grades to get into university. I know people who faint from fasting. Should they continue or just power through because the "Imams and leading scholars" said? Delusional logic.
I see no problem with this (especially during a levels). But as atheist i don't understand why you'd still call yourself Muslim if you pick and choose which rules to follow. Like it's fine to practice as a Muslim (or not if that's what you prefer). But I'll never get why some muslims ignore half the rules yet still claim they're Muslim anyway.

Just say you're non religious ffs. I know so many 'Muslim' people that swear, eat pork, date girls, drink alcohol and do drugs. I swear technically I'm a better Muslim than them yet I've never prayed in my life.

If i was religious I'd try and do what my religion tells me lol
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lawliettt
I see no problem with this (especially during a levels). But as atheist i don't understand why you'd still call yourself Muslim if you pick and choose which rules to follow. Like it's fine to practice as a Muslim (or not if that's what you prefer). But I'll never get why some muslims ignore half the rules yet still claim they're Muslim anyway.

Just say you're non religious ffs. I know so many 'Muslim' people that swear, eat pork, date girls, drink alcohol and do drugs. I swear technically I'm a better Muslim than them yet I've never prayed in my life.

If i was religious I'd try and do what my religion tells me lol

The things you mentioned are sins but they don't make someone a non-Muslim :tongue:

Whereas not praying at all would effectively make a muslim into a non-muslim and theres scriptural backing for this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending