Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tough Exams Set By the Tories To Push Ahead With Academies? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am currently sitting AS Maths and Further Maths, and I have noticed that the exams (especially C1) have been significantly harder than any other I have seen. This has also been the case for some of the GCSE's and other A-Levels.
    I am wondering, is this the work of the Tories?
    I believe the exam boards have been instructed by the government to make the exams harder than usual so that everyone underperforms. Why? So that the conservatives can say that "as students have underperformed this year, the current school system has failed therefore we should force all state schools to become academies".
    This is just a thought, I have no proof to back it up but it does all seem to be falling into place for them?
    Your thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by david_callow)
    I am currently sitting AS Maths and Further Maths, and I have noticed that the exams (especially C1) have been significantly harder than any other I have seen. This has also been the case for some of the GCSE's and other A-Levels.
    I am wondering, is this the work of the Tories?
    I believe the exam boards have been instructed by the government to make the exams harder than usual so that everyone underperforms. Why? So that the conservatives can say that "as students have underperformed this year, the current school system has failed therefore we should force all state schools to become academies".
    This is just a thought, I have no proof to back it up but it does all seem to be falling into place for them?
    Your thoughts?
    The exams are still too easy compared with many other countries, say HK, India, Australia etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    The exams are still too easy compared with many other countries, say HK, India, Australia etc
    I completely agree with you, however, is this just a coincidence?

ReputationRep:
    Doubt it. Exams vary in difficultyand grade boundaries are adjusting accordingly. No government wants to be responsible for declining results, so they will make sure they aren't.

ReputationRep:
    Here's who you blame:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.