The Student Room Group

Boyfriend doesn't want to see me round exam period

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I've been seeing my boyfriend for about 2 months now

Things had been going well, but he does medicine and recently hasn't been initiating to meet up at all, not even for sex :/

He says its because of exams as he needs to work really hard, but I feel like he should still make some time to see me :frown: his exams don't finish for 2 weeks.

I am at uni as well doing law so I have a heavy workload too but I still feel like I could make time to see him

Do you think this means our relationship is ending?

I understand why you're upset over this, and I do think he should make time. No one can be revising 24/7? Are you talking during this exam period as well? Or is that you just don't meet up?
Original post by >Username<
I understand why you're upset over this, and I do think he should make time. No one can be revising 24/7? Are you talking during this exam period as well? Or is that you just don't meet up?

Well, I don't know but I like to have a whole day to revise and take breaks and then revise again. I don't think he should make time, you can't force someone to make time.
Surely if he was just meeting up for sex that would be worse haha. Not sure you can completely compare law workload to medicine workload either
Original post by >Username<
No one can be revising 24/7?

Mate speak for yourself. For some subjects it has to be done
It's just for 2 weeks...
Reply 25
This is the phenomenon of only being able to deal with one thing you feel intense about at a time. For success in his exams it's probably necessary to focus entirely on these. I would give him some space and support from a distance and hopefully he will soon be bonking the arse off you with post exam exuberance.
Hahahhahaha this is great 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27

Things had been going well, but he does medicine and recently hasn't been initiating to meet up at all, not even for sex :/

He says its because of exams as he needs to work really hard, but I feel like he should still make some time to see me :frown: his exams don't finish for 2 weeks.

I am at uni as well doing law so I have a heavy workload too but I still feel like I could make time to see him

It's 2 weeks, chill out. Medicine is a very tough course and if he wants to get a good grade in his first year he will need to be working a lot.
Plus medicine and law don't compare, medicine is far more difficult hence the higher entry grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is only while he is doing exams, relax he is doing an intense course so he will need time to revise and study, maybe do something together after it is all finished.
Are you talking via text or is he just completely ignoring you. I think he should be at least texting you every now and then but on the grounds of not meeting up, he is completely justified to do what he's doing. Everyone handles exams differently, just because you think you could make time doesn't mean he thinks the same. I've refused to see people (boyfriends, friends, family) during the exam period because I've wanted to focus many times and most of those relationships are still intact, the ones that aren't weren't worth it if they thought my grades weren't important in comparison to a quickie or what have you.

Let him focus on his exams, and you focus on yours. 2 weeks will go by pretty quickly and then you can spend as much time with one another as you like AND hopefully have good grades that reflect the studying you put into it. The only way your relationship is going to end is if you make too big of a deal out of it to him.
She only wanted advice tbf, no one needed to comment at all! I'm sure that he just wants to do well so don't worry :smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending