Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Hopefully you can help me.

I am an A-level student, currently with the WJEC exam board, and would appreciate your help and advice in regards to the essay section of the exam.

Firstly, I would like to put a rhetorical question into my introduction of the essay, but I don't exactly know how to word it. Maybe something generic - along the lines of: 'Is this really the case? - let's find out!' - it doesn't have to be that, of course, but I would really appreciate some ideas.

Also, if you have any phrases which would ideally boost my grade - they'd be great, too!

And finally... anything generic that would be really good to put in an introduction and conclusion?

Thank you in advance for your help!

ReputationRep:
    Subjunctive phrases would definitely boost your grade, for example 'Ojalá pudiera + infinitive' (if only I could).

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.