The Student Room Group

Best Way To Pass GCSE Maths ?

I really need a C (foundation)

any tips ? any certain topics ?
Revise everything. Past papers. Usual nonsense.
I didn't really revise for GCSE maths... I didn't know how?? I mean it's just a load of numbers?!
But since AS level maths (why on earth did I put myself in for this?!?), I've learned that the best way is to do past papers. Also if there's any topics you particularly struggle with, YouTube also has good tutorials on stuff. Good luck! 😃
Just keep doing past papers, that's the best way.
Original post by PrincessZara

Maths is a language, you have to understand it inside and out, I do that by getting all of the topics required and looking on youtube, however as your doing foundation...
https://mathswebsite.com/login its completly free, just sign up. make sure you learn to understand it clearly into why it does this and that. This way when doing the questions you can think of it like how you fluently type english without even thinking because you know it all links together as this sentence. Use lined paper you can take out and use multi-coloured pens (not all black) and write it into your own words to remember.

If you already understand all of the topics, get about 3 tests per papers, on the CURRENT syballus not from like 2001. One from the beginning (2010 paper), middle (2012 paper), latest (2015 paper) and speciemen paper (which is the predicted paper) and use that last one to see your prediction if you went in now and learn from mistakes, just try to prevent the mistakes instead of learning more information than required to get the grade you want (a C) ... well thats me anyway.
(edited 7 years ago)
Go to a website called www.S-cool.co.uk

Got all you need to know
set up an account it is all free

Just go through tonnes of past papers and mark them yourself. Wherever you go wrong, make sure you either ask a teacher to teach you how to work that particular answer out or you can go on mathswatch.com and watch the tutorials on how to work out certain things. You can practice maths questions on mymaths. Make sure you know the formula for the circumference and area of a circle. Also knowing your timestables is very important of course (or at least having a vague idea of how to multiply fairly quickly). I did these things and I passed!

Past papers innit

you want to try and put the correct answers in the blank spaces after the questions

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

I think that this is a really good website, if you scroll down to the bottom they have put together exam questions based on topic.

http://www.castleschool.co.uk/student-resources/maths/

Quick Reply

Latest