Turn on thread page Beta

friends and age differences watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    this is going to be a bit of an odd question but i hope some of u know what im on about!!! ive got this friend who ive known for about a year and a half and we get on really well, we have a laugh, tell each other whats up and talk about stuff that u wudnt tell just anyone but the thing is im 18 n she's 37!!!! is that wierd or can we b friends? when im with her i dont notice the massive age gap but if i mention her in conversation with sum1 who dusnt know her n say shes 37 some ppl r like "oh right" but others dont care! what do u think? do u have friends that much older than u? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I have three very goodd friends who are older than me (and we're all friends with eachother) I am 18 and theey are 29, 50 and 67. We met on an internet forum about music and composition and go to the pub every month or so. They are really cool and I have far more in common with them than many people my own age.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstenb)
    this is going to be a bit of an odd question but i hope some of u know what im on about!!! ive got this friend who ive known for about a year and a half and we get on really well, we have a laugh, tell each other whats up and talk about stuff that u wudnt tell just anyone but the thing is im 18 n she's 37!!!! is that wierd or can we b friends? when im with her i dont notice the massive age gap but if i mention her in conversation with sum1 who dusnt know her n say shes 37 some ppl r like "oh right" but others dont care! what do u think? do u have friends that much older than u? :confused:
    I don't know. Does she have any friends? The oldest friend I have is 24 and i'm 19.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    I have three very goodd friends who are older than me (and we're all friends with eachother) I am 18 and theey are 29, 50 and 67. We met on an internet forum about music and composition and go to the pub every month or so. They are really cool and I have far more in common with them than many people my own age.

MB
    Do you meet up with these people?

ReputationRep:
    yeah she has loads of friends her own age n i have loads my age but we dont mix them up, if u know what i mean, i dont know many of her mates but she knows sum of mine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    Do you meet up with these people?
    yes. we regularly meet in the good pubs of london.

MB

ReputationRep:
    I'm friends with an 83 year old! Yes, it sounds weird but she really is a hilariously funny, great lady! Ok, so the relationship we have is a little different to those with friends my own age, the most exciting social occasion is going to her house for coffee, but I still consider her a good friend.

ReputationRep:
    yeah she has loads of friends her own age n i have loads my age but we dont mix them up, if u know what i mean, i dont know many of her mates but she knows sum of mine!
    Then there is no problem with it. You both have mates your own ages so I don't think you should worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    I think it is very sweet. A friend is a friend, no matter the age. I have had older friends in the past but have lost touch with them. My oldest friend at the moment is about 35 and is my bessie mates husband (im nearly 25).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homegrownkitten)
    I think it is very sweet. A friend is a friend, no matter the age. I have had older friends in the past but have lost touch with them. My oldest friend at the moment is about 35 and is my bessie mates husband (im nearly 25).
    i think as you grow older, the age difference dont mean as much, epecially when you're only mates. but it is kinda strange if a 17 year old is hanging around with a 30 year old.

ReputationRep:
    Its unusual to have big age gaps amongst friends when youre in school but post 18 nothing is unsual imo.

ReputationRep:
    My oldest friend is 24 and my youngest is 20. I am 21.

ReputationRep:
    No, I dont think theres anything wrong with it. i am 16 and I have a really good friend who is 30. To us it doesnt matter aobut the age gap because it really doesnt become apparent. We both have our own friends as well and we also have a group that we both talk to which ranges from 19 to 16 as well as her who is 30. But really it makes no difference to me, shes like my big sis and I tell her everything. W ecan have a laugh and we can b serious if we need to be, I dont know, to some people it may seem weird but for us its normal and we get on so well and isnt that the most important thing? Whether you are happy or not...

ReputationRep:
    My friends range from 17 to 55. I am 28.

ReputationRep:
    I have a very good friend who's in her sixties (I'm 18). I'm also very good friends with a 34 year old guy (and his wife, who's 30), as well as having a 34 year old bf. I find I get on better with older people

ReputationRep:
    I have friends of many ages, ranging from family friends (who can range from babies) to other family friends (very old)

ReputationRep:
    my oldest friend would only be about 35, but I have a very very good friend who he 28. I'm 17. I don't find it strange at all.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.