Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Yeh i don't mean like huge chunks at a time but my skin flakes off all the time
    paticuarly the outside of my ears, i am forever trying to brush off the skin and the scabs inside my ears. Same with my head it is so scabby (without being gross) it is like dandruff but instead of flakes i have scabs.
    Does anyone know what is causing this?
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Psoriasis? See a doctor. TSR aren't health experts.

ReputationRep:
    I strongly suggest booking an appointment with your local GP (That's if you can still get one that doesn't have a 57 year wait time)

(Original post by Unorganisedaf)
    Psoriasis? See a doctor. TSR aren't health experts.
    I don't think so only because i know someone with Psoriasis and it doesn't look like that

(Original post by CrazyFool229)
    I strongly suggest booking an appointment with your local GP (That's if you can still get one that doesn't have a 57 year wait time)
    yeh i need to go anyway cos i have lumps in strange places and lol true :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Could just be that you have sensitive and dry skin?

Look into ointments and creams for dry skin.

ReputationRep:
    Could be seborrheic dermatitis, symptoms include and are not limited to, peeling around the ears; nose; eyebrows and severe dandruff. As for the scabbing, it could be a reaction from the damaged skin

Sorry to hear, it doesn't sound pleasant - best get checked by a GP - TSR is filled with students we're no experts

ReputationRep:
    sounds like extremely dry skin. Try using an emollient to wash with and then apply e45 on your skins. Not sure about the ears though. Also, eat a healthy diet which includes some healthy oils such as olive oil but not too much. If your skin is cracked then take extra care to avoid any infections. If all this fails then see your gp. Too much heating can also dry out the skin.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 21, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.