Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I be annoyed that my friend didn't invite me? Watch

I have a friend that I go clubbing with quite frequently. We are good friends outside of club nights since we go to the same uni and study the same course. Due to the exams we didn't go so it had been over 2 months since the last night out. Before she would ask me if I wanted to go and I'd agree and we would go. These few weeks I've been bored to death since exams are over and have nothing to do. We do talk every now and then so it's not that we lost contact.

There was a big event at a club last night. I didn't even know about it but she had posted pictures all over social media. She didn't tell me about it nor did she ask if I was interested in going but other people were there that we both know. Am I right in being annoyed at my friend for not inviting me or am I overreacting?

Should I confront her about it or just let it go and deal with it?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Overreacting and deal with it. You can raise it, but i'd suggest a non confrontational way.

ReputationRep:
    A jokey dig I think is warranted in this situation. Next time you speak, a "Oh, thanks for the invite the other night btw!" in a jokey manner will let them know it was on your mind and isn't a huge deal, but still gives them something to think about.

ReputationRep:
    I think you're overreacting. There are a lot of people at uni and I'm sure it's hard to keep track of everyone and be responsible for inviting every friend you have to prevent one of them feeling left out, etc. Maybe it was a last minute thing and she hadn't pre-planned her attendance, it's hard to say. Do you ever invite her to club nights? You say she asks and you agree and you go, why don't you ask this time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have a friend that I go clubbing with quite frequently. We are good friends outside of club nights since we go to the same uni and study the same course. Due to the exams we didn't go so it had been over 2 months since the last night out. Before she would ask me if I wanted to go and I'd agree and we would go. These few weeks I've been bored to death since exams are over and have nothing to do. We do talk every now and then so it's not that we lost contact.

There was a big event at a club last night. I didn't even know about it but she had posted pictures all over social media. She didn't tell me about it nor did she ask if I was interested in going but other people were there that we both know. Am I right in being annoyed at my friend for not inviting me or am I overreacting?

Should I confront her about it or just let it go and deal with it?

You have every right to be annoyed, id be pissed. You should definitely confront her but in a nice way not angry or it will ruin your friendship. Im sure she wouldnt like it if you did that to her. If you dont ask you will always be thinking about it and resent her for it so its best to clear it up and hear her reasons.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 21, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.