Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking for travel work experience in the midlands. Thomson and Thomas Cook have got back to me and was wondering if anyone here has done work experience with them?
    Thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by SeanMW)
    I'm looking for travel work experience in the midlands. Thomson and Thomas Cook have got back to me and was wondering if anyone here has done work experience with them?
    Thanks
    My friend did work experience at Thomas Cook when we were studying BTEC National Diploma Travel and Tourism. She said it was very good training, showing you how the industry actually works and you get to meet good people there. This was about 5 years ago though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boreism)
    My friend did work experience at Thomas Cook when we were studying BTEC National Diploma Travel and Tourism. She said it was very good training, showing you how the industry actually works and you get to meet good people there. This was about 5 years ago though.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by saudinha sanca)
    Thanks
    As I mentioned, my former fellow course mate used to be an intern at Thomas Cook.
    However I used to be an intern at First Choice Holidays too.
    I know it's not the same company but they essentially operate the same way.
    In travel agents you will be doing basic office administration tasks such as calling people making bookings on behalf of customers.
    I don't fully remember as it was 6 years ago but it's nothing hard or complicated.
    But it's actually a great start into the sector as it is hands on practical knowledge.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.