Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I am debating myself between whether to study engineering (undergraduate, if that matters) at Hong Kong or Canada.

My concern is Not regarding the quality of education or about the costs, although I am open to discussions about such topics. My main concern is regarding the fact that I feel like I am about to see the world for the first time; I have mostly been an introvert who lacks experience and just recently started trying to be a bit independent. The whole purpose of going abroad is living alone in a new place; I am confident about being capable of doing so, but, from your point of view, which is the better destination for "building up" my personality?
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.