Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiya all, so i originally applied for uni to get an education and do something i enjoy. My ******* of an ex left me 3 weeks ago and kicked me out. My new goal is to get an education and find a special lady friend. I thought it sounded quite easy because most my peers will be single 18 year olds. It then occured to me that I'll be 25 when the course starts and thats a 7 year difference.

Question is would the lasses on here go out with someone 7 years older than them assuming you got on well?

Age to me never mattered, my ex is 5 years older than me and i've got on and worked with people of all ages.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by pointblank91)
    Hiya all, so i originally applied for uni to get an education and do something i enjoy. My ******* of an ex left me 3 weeks ago and kicked me out. My new goal is to get an education and find a special lady friend. I thought it sounded quite easy because most my peers will be single 18 year olds. It then occured to me that I'll be 25 when the course starts and thats a 7 year difference.

Question is would the lasses on here go out with someone 7 years older than them assuming you got on well?

Age to me never mattered, my ex is 5 years older than me and i've got on and worked with people of all ages.
    Remember that uni has students in other years too someone who'd been there for 3-4 years wouldn't be too far away from you at all. As for 25 and 18.. I am not sure

ReputationRep:
    I personally wouldn't.

I'm 21 and I still would only date someone who was a year older at most.

Also, like someone said above, you'll find that there'll be people your own age there too.

ReputationRep:
    Damn those are some quick replies. I'm on the night shift and didnt expect anything until morning. Anywho, i kinda thought women liked more mature gentlemen, i remember at school alot of lasses went for older guys, i kinda thought it might be the same here. I suppose i look about 12 though so i can just woo someone and not tell them how old i am until later lol.

ReputationRep:
    From my experience, people tend to stick closer to their age. Many of the girls and guys at my uni date between 18-20 years, which in a way is kind of appropriate as it suits their maturity level. You'll find girls that want older men though, so it depends on your other characteristics/appearance as to how much you appeal to them.

Personally speaking haven't had much luck at the age of 23. God I feel old.

ReputationRep:
    I think these days women prefer guys their own age more - in the past women preferred older guys who were more mature and had more experience. A 7-10 year age gap used to be nothing but now some people will raise an eyebrow at that.

ReputationRep:
    No one will be able to predict what will happen. Hopefully people will see you as a person and not an age - that's the way it should be. I have a very good friend who is heading off to uni this year for the very first time and he is 23. He is also worried about the social aspect and if it will cause a problem with potential dating. I don't think you need to disclose your age anyway until it comes up - there is really no need to. You say you look young anyway. So, get to know the people and let them get to know you and don't mention your age, then, when the age thing does eventually come up you already be friends or have a connection and by then they'll know you for you and age won't be a factor. Good Luck!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 21, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.