Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've only had two exams so far but both times, two days before the exam my stomach turns to mush. I don't know what's wrong with me, I'm never like this.
    I've had diahorrea (sorry for being blunt but it happens in life) and my stomach constantly makes bubbling noises. I'm fine the day after the exam though. I'm just worried that in one of my exams I'm going to pull a Will from the inbetweeners. Also a bit gassy too

I'm a very healthy person so I can say with confidence that I don't think it's my diet causing this. I don't feel mentally stressed at all, except from around an hour or two before an exam. Is there anyway of stopping this? I would really like to go out without having the frequent dilemma of trusting the fart or not. Hahaha!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've only had two exams so far but both times, two days before the exam my stomach turns to mush. I don't know what's wrong with me, I'm never like this.
    I've had diahorrea (sorry for being blunt but it happens in life) and my stomach constantly makes bubbling noises. I'm fine the day after the exam though. I'm just worried that in one of my exams I'm going to pull a Will from the inbetweeners. Also a bit gassy too

I'm a very healthy person so I can say with confidence that I don't think it's my diet causing this. I don't feel mentally stressed at all, except from around an hour or two before an exam. Is there anyway of stopping this? I would really like to go out without having the frequent dilemma of trusting the fart or not. Hahaha!
    Was... was... was the winking emoji intentional? :rofl: Bit of a weird usage tbh...

Have you got a decent sleeping schedule, exercising, etc?

(Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    Was... was... was the winking emoji intentional? :rofl: Bit of a weird usage tbh...

Have you got a decent sleeping schedule, exercising, etc?
    I tried to be funny, I'll stop now .
    I have a very very very bad sleep schedule, and I exercise when I can; usually in the form of cycling or running.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I tried to be funny, I'll stop now .
    I have a very very very bad sleep schedule, and I exercise when I can; usually in the form of cycling or running.
    You should probably try to adapt the sleeping schedule then, (I say this at 3:30am smh) because on some people it can cause havoc. But overall, definitely go to your doctor about this, it seems like you need some help/treatment/diet monitoring.

(Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    You should probably try to adapt the sleeping schedule then, (I say this at 3:30am smh) because on some people it can cause havoc. But overall, definitely go to your doctor about this, it seems like you need some help/treatment/diet monitoring.
    I've had really bad insomnia for most of my life, but thank you anyway!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    This is very normal when experiencing any kind of emotional distress such as anxiety or stress itself. Whenever I feel like this, the emotion comes out on my bowel and not my face

The best tips I can give for when you're in this state is eat light, don't eat anything greasy or heavy as that'll make your bloating and cramps worse. If you feel like you'll have diarrhea during an exam then take some Imodium tablets. They may cause some bloating but they will at least stop you from ******* yourself during an exam

Your symptoms will improve once your exams are over although the symptoms won't disappear of all a sudden. It can take your body a few days or even a week or so to fully come down from a highly stressful period but you should notice improvements every day.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 21, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.