Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    a mate of mine had extenuating circumstances during their exams but was still given a third even though she got a 2.1 every year before.

    no, she feel like she wants to take a year out, get good legal experience, then prove herslf by doing a LPC.

    they want to work in a high street firm anyways, but i tell them not to do it, cos it mite be a waste, whta shud i tell them?



    i feel for your mate because i was ill and even though averaged a 2:1 this year wasn't given it because i dropped 20 credits from when i was ill (1st semester first year). i av. 59.5 so it was pretty harsh. but i'm on an lpc. I would advise if she really want to pursue a career in law.... do the year out in a firm, as a paralegal if poss. In addition there is an organisation called CAFCASS whereby you help with family mediation at the weekends. I think that with a years experience and voluntary work any form will look favourably on her. plus they will be able to see her 2:1 grades because you have to list all your module results from the three years. of the firms i've applied to, they are more interested in the person than the grade (tell her to look at Irwin Mitchell) and when i got feedback from an interview the woman told me that their best partner got a 3rd but has the biggest turnover for the company. All's not lost. Hope your friend does well for herself. Once you have experienc and a good reference, the actual degree grade becomes a bit overshadowed
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 17, 2004

University open days

  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.