Ayman Anwar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am an 11 year student and i am thinking to study IB certificate in my year 12, will it be enough to apply for an american university since i am now taking IGCSE exams.
FaeBae
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ask your college councilor as I'm unsure of the requirements for unis. However, I remember that people applying to American unis from my school, where pretty much everyone did the full IB, just had to take SATs - their IB scores didn't even matter because most american schools only look at SAT scores.
cookiestarr
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ib score don't matter for anything other than college credit in American universities. However, taking the hard IB courses will still look good on a transcript. Full diploma doesn't have much importance
dumpling_eater
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
IB courses and IB scores, like AP exam scores, will help you to bypass some of the general education classes you'll be required to take in an American university. You get college credits towards your eventual completion of a college degree, and if you can rack up high IB scores and a good number of them, you might just be able to graduate early.

For example, I have high school friends that graduated this year even though they entered college in 2017 and were due to graduate in 2021 (undergraduate degrees are 4 years in the US) because they skipped some of the general education classes required in your first and second years (Freshman and Sophomore years) so that they could take more classes oriented to what they were majoring in (e.g. Biochem, International Affairs & Politics, Visual Design, etc.)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (53)
21.54%
No (193)
78.46%

Watched Threads