The Student Room Group

Please someone give me relationship advice

Relationship: 1 year 4 months and both 17.

Basically I feel loved anymore. When I'm not with her, she responds such bland things and it just stops the conversation. Also, when she's with a friend or watching TV I feel like she's putting her priority of me right to the bottom and doesn't reply until like 15 mins later but when she's talking to someone else she responds instantly.

Also, she's a model and when she's modelling in a different country she shows very little affection to missing me, if we haven't talked for like 8 hours, the following morning all she said is I love you because I say it before I go to bed the night before but there is no affection of missing me. She doesn't say I miss you or doesn't ask me how my day has been, if I ask her how was the day of modelling she said "good thanks wby" and that's it.. boring messages. I give up now.

She wants to do things more on weekends but she never makes an effort to find a job so we can do them things, all she said is she's not ready.

I just don't feel much affection anymore and it's hurting me. Bare in mind when I'm with her, it's fine, amazing.

Scroll to see replies

Instead of posting on TSR just speak to her about it! It's nice to be open with the person you're in a relationship with, you should always acknowledge issues you have with one another.
Reply 2
Original post by ElaArslan
Instead of posting on TSR just speak to her about it! It's nice to be open with the person you're in a relationship with, you should always acknowledge issues you have with one another.

I will when she gets back, just for now i need advice. Please.
Jesus relationships seem lile hard work. I can almost feel how she's feeling. Maybe she just needs her own space sometimes and you ought to let her have that :redface: That doesn't mean she doesn't love you.

She's obviously very busy on the days she's abroad so you ought to cut her some slack :redface:
Reply 4
Original post by Serine Soul
Jesus relationships seem lile hard work. I can almost feel how she's feeling. Maybe she just needs her own space sometimes and you ought to let her have that :redface: That doesn't mean she doesn't love you.

She's obviously very busy on the days she's abroad so you ought to cut her some slack :redface:

I am cutting her some slack but its like it when shes back in the country. :frown:
Original post by Charlie363
I am cutting her some slack but its like it when shes back in the country. :frown:

Just let it go. Think about other stufff, do other stuff. You don't want to appear too needy ygm?
I will when she gets back, just for now i need advice. Please.

Do your own thing, pick up hobbies, go to the gym, study, idk anything. You can't be dependent on her otherwise you're just gonna create really high expectations of her and it's not gonna end up well. When she comes back though you should talk to her to see her reasonings, you have the right to know obviously.
Reply 7
Original post by Serine Soul
Just let it go. Think about other stufff, do other stuff. You don't want to appear too needy ygm?

I am, im just going to talk to her when shes back. Its just so hard to cope with.
Reply 8
I think that you should forget about it for now. Don't message, you'll seem desperate and she wouldn't want that. When she gets back, act like everything's fine. The problem here, I think, is she knows that you're always going to be there no matter what the circumstances are, so why bother send something? And as you said, she replies to everyone else instantly. It just doesn't make sense that she doesn't have enough time for you, even abroad. A quick FaceTime would do. It looks like she's confused, but you should talk to her when she returns, of course.
Reply 9
Original post by maria.x
I think that you should forget about it for now. Don't message, you'll seem desperate and she wouldn't want that. When she gets back, act like everything's fine. The problem here, I think, is she knows that you're always going to be there no matter what the circumstances are, so why bother send something? And as you said, she replies to everyone else instantly. It just doesn't make sense that she doesn't have enough time for you, even abroad. A quick FaceTime would do. It looks like she's confused, but you should talk to her when she returns, of course.

What do you think shes confused about?
Reply 10
What do you think shes confused about?

Who/what she wants?
Reply 11
Original post by maria.x
Who/what she wants?

Would you be missing your boyfriend and wanting to speak to him alot if you were out the country doing a modelling job? Shes online on facebook now but not talking to me.
She's bored and maybe not happy.
Needy by you will pish her away.
Talk to her, but improve the relationship and make it more positive for her remaining in it.
Reply 13
Would you be missing your boyfriend and wanting to speak to him alot if you were out the country doing a modelling job? Shes online on facebook now but not talking to me.

Of course.
Break up with her she is a bitch. You deserve better!!!!!!!!
Reply 15
Original post by maria.x
Of course.

Then why doesnt she :'(
Original post by Lizzie 222
Break up with her she is a bitch. You deserve better!!!!!!!!

Its really hard when ive spent a lot of my time with her. All the memories will be lost :frown:
Reply 16
Then why doesnt she :'(

Its really hard when ive spent a lot of my time with her. All the memories will be lost :frown:

I'm terribly sorry, she's just not worth it.
Reply 17
Original post by maria.x
I'm terribly sorry, she's just not worth it.

How do I cope after I have broken up with her?

Have you ever been in a long relationship break up?
How do I cope after I have broken up with her?

Have you ever been in a long relationship break up?

I have, and I know it'[s hard but sometimes you have to face reality...and the realize that that person is not for you!
Reply 19
Original post by LostGirlOnTheRun
I have, and I know it'[s hard but sometimes you have to face reality...and the realize that that person is not for you!

Can you tell me about your story please? It will ease my stress and pain.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending