The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why do people get so het up about sex?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Underscore__
I explicitly said drunkenness isn't an excuse but it certainly impacts someone's mental capacity.

How does what even work? You can do something intentionally (not an accident) but subsequently realise it was a mistake.

There's a risk that anyone would cheat on you irrespective of whether they've done it before or not.

Yeah, I was just agreeing with you there. Being drunk does increase the chance of deviation.

How does cheating being an accident work is what I was saying. And yes, you can do something which later turns out to be a mistake. It happens all the time. However, cheating isn't one of those cases.

I disagree. If someone's cheated on someone before, that shows that they clearly have (/had) problems with commitment, and therefore there's a chance those problems are still persistent.
Original post by donutellme
Yeah, I was just agreeing with you there. Being drunk does increase the chance of deviation.

How does cheating being an accident work is what I was saying. And yes, you can do something which later turns out to be a mistake. It happens all the time. However, cheating isn't one of those cases.

I disagree. If someone's cheated on someone before, that shows that they clearly have (/had) problems with commitment, and therefore there's a chance those problems are still persistent.

I've never said it's an accident, I've said it's a mistake. Of course there are people who cheat and then regret it afterwards. Or it shows that they were immature, they weren't with the right person or a host of other things

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Underscore__
I've never said it's an accident, I've said it's a mistake. Of course there are people who cheat and then regret it afterwards. Or it shows that they were immature, they weren't with the right person or a host of other things

Regret is different. If I cheat on an exam, knowing that what I'm doing is wrong and immoral, should I be surprised or expect any sympathy if I get caught?

It's really not the other person's fault or about being with the right person. If they aren't with the right person then you break up. Not leave the other person in misery.
Original post by donutellme
Regret is different. If I cheat on an exam, knowing that what I'm doing is wrong and immoral, should I be surprised or expect any sympathy if I get caught?

It's really not the other person's fault or about being with the right person. If they aren't with the right person then you break up. Not leave the other person in misery.

If you regret something generally you'd say it was a mistake. No and I've never said someone who cheats on their partner deserves sympathy but you also shouldn't have it held against you for the rest of your life and have people say you'll cheat on any test.

Break ups cause upset too. You're taking a far too black and white view and trying to oversimplify human emotions. People often have conflicting emotions that are liable to change with the weather.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DrLovejoy
I am an involved man, and from time to time I have slept with other women 😬😩😂😬😩😂. Yes I know what the reaction is going to be. But why do people get so get up about it. I love my partner and am ultimately loyal to her, she will stay in my life no questions about it. I don't see sleeping with other people as betraying or as that bad to be honest. Why do some people ruin their lives, their partners life and their children's lives because someone slept with someone? Do they fail to understand that a desire to use a basically biological desire and having lived together are completely different things?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's all about the orgasms
Original post by ZiggyStarDust_
It's all about the orgasms

How very blunt of you. Very vulgar.

Inclined to agree.
Original post by CheekyYear11
How very blunt of you. Very vulgar.

Inclined to agree.

Why, thank you
Original post by ZiggyStarDust_
Why, thank you

No problems.

At all.

ever.
Mashallah brother, just to let you know, what you're doing is absolutely haram. I think all of you should reed the Quran and see adultery is condemned absolutely by Allah, subhanna wat'ala peace be upon him. If u want to fulfill your haram desire for sex, Allah will grant you the virgins in paradise via the acceptance of Muhammad Peace be upon the messenger of Allah. Assaamaleikum , bye brother .
Original post by swalatoalla
Mashallah brother, just to let you know, what you're doing is absolutely haram. I think all of you should reed the Quran and see adultery is condemned absolutely by Allah, subhanna wat'ala peace be upon him. If u want to fulfill your haram desire for sex, Allah will grant you the virgins in paradise via the acceptance of Muhammad Peace be upon the messenger of Allah. Assaamaleikum , bye brother .

A yabbba dabba doooo to you too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Obviously sex with your partner isn't very good if you have to go else where - why not talk to her about it and get better together, give her the orgasms and love she deserves or send one of your friends round to **** her while you're off with a fancy woman.
Reply 71
Original post by Moonstruck16
A yabbba dabba doooo to you too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe he's not muslim