This discussion is closed.
goldenboy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
a mate of mine had extenuating circumstances during their exams but was still given a third even though she got a 2.1 every year before.

now, they feel like they want to take a year out, get good legal experience, then prove herself by doing a LPC.

they want to work in a high street firm anyways, but i tell them not to do it, cos it mite be a waste, what shud i tell them?

can they still do it?

help.
young_free
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goldenboy)
a mate of mine had extenuating circumstances during their exams but was still given a third even though she got a 2.1 every year before.

now, they feel like they want to take a year out, get good legal experience, then prove herself by doing a LPC.

they want to work in a high street firm anyways, but i tell them not to do it, cos it mite be a waste, what shud i tell them?

can they still do it?

help.

Your question is muddled but anyway, if she wanted to do law as a career she should have gotten legal experience long before, like through work experience placement schemes. If she is really that set on a legal career maybe she could do some volunteer legal work until she gets a trainin contract, and advise her to not set her heart on a high street firm too much.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (264)
46.56%
Take exams next summer (78)
13.76%
Change uni choice through clearing (121)
21.34%
Apply to uni next year instead (60)
10.58%
I'm not applying to university (44)
7.76%

Watched Threads