The Student Room Group

AQA Biology AS New Spec - 26th May and 7th June

Scroll to see replies

This is what you had to do for the 4 mark graph, teacher confirmed it was correct. Joining it up to a curve or with a ruler didn't matter apparently.
exam graph.jpg
Original post by CrazyFool229
I put that the tertiary structure could be the same but only the secondary structure may change as one was Alpha and one was Beta so they could have similar shaped active sites

If the B Secretate was being inhibited then surely it means that there is a higher probability of the substrates forming an E-S Complex with A secretate and therefore form more of the A protein? I'm probably wrong

how many marks would you lose for not realising that it was to do with secondary structure but instead putting protein has one part for active site of A, another site complementary to B, so ESC still form
What did you guys write for why the image shows that it was scanning electron microscope question??

I wrote it is a 3D image

Also what did you guys write for why the image shows it is on cell surface membrane or something like that ?
Original post by Lola1244
how many marks would you lose for not realising that it was to do with secondary structure but instead putting protein has one part for active site of A, another site complementary to B, so ESC still form

No idea, but I could be wrong so don't be so certain that you lost marks!
Original post by CrazyFool229
I put that the tertiary structure could be the same but only the secondary structure may change as one was Alpha and one was Beta so they could have similar shaped active sites

If the B Secretate was being inhibited then surely it means that there is a higher probability of the substrates forming an E-S Complex with A secretate and therefore form more of the A protein? I'm probably wrong

No, it said that, due to the mutation, the amount of a-secretate being formed decreased, and therefore, there would be accumulation of the substrate.
Original post by jamiechristie
This is what you had to do for the 4 mark graph, teacher confirmed it was correct. Joining it up to a curve or with a ruler didn't matter apparently.
exam graph.jpg

i put time on the x axia and rate of change on the y axis
Original post by jamiechristie
exam graph.jpg

How many marks was it for the table and graph
Omg I thought rate is 1/time

So for the table i did:

1/ (value given /60) 😰

Will i get any marks ? :frown:
Reply 228
Original post by nav5678

yh i agree. the independant variable was time not mass
Original post by nav5678

Sammmmeee

What about how does the diagram show it's a cell membrane?
Mitochondria question - was it cristae or matrix?
Reply 231
Did it not say the B secretase also increased where the question said that the mutation led to A secretase decreased
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by EggFriedRai
How many marks was it for the table and graph

4 marks for the graph, 4 for the table? I think.
Original post by lilyjacks

Cristae was the only word I could remember relating to mitochondria structure so that's what I put down.
Original post by lilyjacks

I put cristae but not 100% sure, what did you put?
Original post by NimcoA
i cant remember half the questions. does anyone know what were the two ways in which you can use base sequences something like that
i wrote dna hybridisation and immunological comparison however not sure if its right :/

Wasn't it compare amino acid and mRNA?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by saulgreen
I put cristae but not 100% sure, what did you put?

I put matrix but couldn't decide between the 2
Original post by Gswp
what was the second function of protein Y and how could you tell it was a cell membrane?

For how could you tell, I said the cellulose spread out of the diagram, and its function was to act as an enzyme for that substrate, and the substrate became the cell wall
Reply 238
Does anyone remember what question preceded the one on mutation?
Original post by Clintbarton
Wasn't it compare amino acid and mRNA?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending