Always ill during exams!

Watch this thread
Sandtrooper
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I had my first exam yesterday and today I have developed an awful cold . . . I always get ill during exams! Does this happen to anyone else?
Elen11
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
I had a 15 hour art exam a couple of weeks ago, and my face felt like a tap it was awful. Blowing your nose in a silent room is not fun
Little Popcorns
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I didn't used to get physically ill but used to feel so run down and fragile - the lack of sleep and stress was killa.
Sandtrooper
Rep:
(Original post by Elen11)
I had a 15 hour art exam a couple of weeks ago, and my face felt like a tap it was awful. Blowing your nose in a silent room is not fun
Agreed! It sucks. I get annoyed when other people do it, but I always end up doing it and feel bad. Oh well, it's better than sniffing the whole time.
Elen11
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Edminzodo)
Agreed! It sucks. I get annoyed when other people do it, but I always end up doing it and feel bad. Oh well, it's better than sniffing the whole time.
True I guess- what exams are you doing?
Sandtrooper
Rep:
True I guess- what exams are you doing?
A2s - Economics, English Literature and History. You?
Elen11
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
A2s - Economics, English Literature and History. You?
A2 Art, geography and French
username2088165
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Maybe it's because when you're stressed, your immune system doesn't work as effectively so you're more likely to get ill? I don't usually get ill during exams, I tend to get hay fever instead
Sandtrooper
Rep:
A2 Art, geography and French
Ah, good luck! Are you going to university?
LewisClothier
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I had my first exam yesterday and today I have developed an awful cold . . . I always get ill during exams! Does this happen to anyone else?
haven't been ill once this school year, first week of exams last week, ill now :/
username1738583
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Well I've noticed my eating habits have gone to **** during exam season. Like eating one banana in a day isn't good.

But I have a terrible cold now so I guess yes...add that to the hayfever. I'm just gonna explode with all the built up mucus inside me.
aimsnaywux
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
During exams you'll be stressed and therefore your immune system becomes weaker, psychological studies have supported this (heres where my revision comes in handy) anyway what I suggest:

- snack on good, energy giving, healthy foods, fruit, veg, etc (apparently eggs and fish make a great post revision snack/dinner)
- stay hydrated
- seeing as you have a cold, sweat it out
- keep ontop of painkillers, (paracetemol for example) every four hours
- have revision breaks of course, not too short of a break but not too wrong
- get a good amount of sleep

Good luck for exams
Elen11
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Ah, good luck! Are you going to university?
not next year, I'm doing a free art foundation course year then possibly working/travelling- I need more time to decide tbh £30 000 isn't cheap :/
what about you?
ameehannah
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
During times of stress such as exam season your immune system is weakened that's why most of us tend to be more prone to getting sick. But yeah it happens to me too for sure
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I got glandular fever during my standard grade exams and then the flu during my highers. I was always ill with anxiety and all those symptoms on the day of tests, regardless if I were physically ill or not. Being stressed whether its from exams or not can lower your immunity and leave you vulnerable to catch whatever bug is going around and surely enough, you always catch something at the worst times such as during exam period.

Posted from TSR Mobile
KingLhasaApso
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Yep, I know that one. I got Bacterial Menigitis a week before my first year exams, appendicitis during my second year exams and miscarriage during my finals. Looking back I don't how I actually managed to graduate! Hope you are ok now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sandtrooper
Rep:
I've been told to go to the doctor by my school to get a note. Do you think it's worth it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Little Popcorns
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by KingLhasaApso)
Yep, I know that one. I got Bacterial Menigitis a week before my first year exams, appendicitis during my second year exams and miscarriage during my finals. Looking back I don't how I actually managed to graduate! Hope you are ok now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
:lolwut: wow well done for getting through it all!
Little Popcorns
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I've been told to go to the doctor by my school to get a note. Do you think it's worth it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends how bad you are if you're so bad that you can't even concentrate or stay awake then probably worth seeing your doctor for a note but just go for a chat the doctor will be able to decide whether they think your situation is bad enough to warrant time off at exam time.
KingLhasaApso
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I think if the school have suggested it, you should perhaps consider it, I found that any kind of supporting medical evidence always helped when I needed extenuating circumstances

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (16)
18.18%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (30)
34.09%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
5.68%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.14%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (9)
10.23%
Reading articles about what steps to take (18)
20.45%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
4.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
5.68%

Watched Threads