Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Thinking of winging the GCSE English Literature (AQA) exam on Monday (OMAM & AIC) watch

ReputationRep:
    English Literature is filled with ambiguity; there are many permutations as to how a fictional book can be interpreted. People who are awful at other subjects (like Maths) do ludicrously well in English which I find incredibly annoying.

I was outside top set's English lesson a few weeks ago and they lacked the provincial approach most of us generally have. These peasants were very articulate and thorough in their speech but the fact is they're not as competent in subjects such as Maths, Chemistry or Physics. To be fair, though, a small percentage are good at other subjects too, but to those who aren't, **** YOU.

Now, I am thinking of winging my exam on Monday because I always have with English Literature. I try not to write crap about the obvious (which will be inevitable amongst the thousands of failures) but instead blag and make peculiar inferences - sometimes I attain credit, other times not so much.

Revise or don't?

ReputationRep:
    I would revise - it doesn't have to be much, but rereading the texts and picking out important quotes before Monday will be a lot of help when you get into the exam.

ReputationRep:
    tbh I'm doing the same , you can literally say anything as long as you explain and evaluate properly then ill be fine

ReputationRep:
    exam Monday and I haven't read the book oh my God

ReputationRep:
    Wing OMAM as they give you an extract anyway, plus its not too hard to find relevant quotes in that book

ReputationRep:
    Think u should revise, not intensely but just read over some notes and books.Whatever happens be proud of urself bcz u know u have work really hard :goodluck:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alice_h_22)
    Wing OMAM as they give you an extract anyway, plus its not too hard to find relevant quotes in that book
    i dont get my book for edexcel y.a.y

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie Vardy)
    English Literature is filled with ambiguity; there are many permutations as to how a fictional book can be interpreted. People who are awful at other subjects (like Maths) do ludicrously well in English which I find incredibly annoying.

I was outside top set's English lesson a few weeks ago and they lacked the provincial approach most of us generally have. These peasants were very articulate and thorough in their speech but the fact is they're not as competent in subjects such as Maths, Chemistry or Physics. To be fair, though, a small percentage are good at other subjects too, but to those who aren't, **** YOU.

Now, I am thinking of winging my exam on Monday because I always have with English Literature. I try not to write crap about the obvious (which will be inevitable amongst the thousands of failures) but instead blag and make peculiar inferences - sometimes I attain credit, other times not so much.

Revise or don't?
    There isnt really a proper way of revising for English Lit except for just picking out some important quotes and knowing key events in the stories

So yea just wing it if you're brave enough

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.