Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help?
    I thought we had 1hour 15 for this paper but all the past papers I'm looking at say we get 1 hour?! Thanks

(Original post by fuzz13)
    Can anyone help?
    I thought we had 1hour 15 for this paper but all the past papers I'm looking at say we get 1 hour?! Thanks
    Why does nobody do Geography A

ReputationRep:
    They changed the style of the exam paper for 2014 and beyond (increasing the overall number of marks) from 50 to 78 in Dynamic Planet and People and the Planet. Previously there were only two 6 mark questions in each paper but now there's 4 in addition to an 8 mark question for each of the optional topics. They increased the time allowed for the papers because of this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan9909)
    They changed the style of the exam paper for 2014 and beyond (increasing the overall number of marks) from 50 to 78 in Dynamic Planet and People and the Planet. Previously there were only two 6 mark questions in each paper but now there's 4 in addition to an 8 mark question for each of the optional topics. They increased the time allowed for the papers because of this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    Are you guys prepared for this paper? Do you have any predictions on what might come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeerabBieber)
    Are you guys prepared for this paper? Do you have any predictions on what might come up?
    Climate change always seems to come up and I think coasts might this year as well.... Also coral reefs seems to pop up everywhere so I'm revising those!

I feel reasonably prepared for this paper just a few case studies I'm not sure on and practically the whole volcano topic hoping that doesn't come up! Literally am in so much trouble for P&P paper ... know absolutely nothing...so half term will be fun... What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Climate change always seems to come up and I think coasts might this year as well.... Also coral reefs seems to pop up everywhere so I'm revising those!

I feel reasonably prepared for this paper just a few case studies I'm not sure on and practically the whole volcano topic hoping that doesn't come up! Literally am in so much trouble for P&P paper ... know absolutely nothing...so half term will be fun... What about you?
    Same.
    I feel that volcanoes might come up as a six marker in restless earth. It hasn't come up in so long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeerabBieber)
    Same.
    I feel that volcanoes might come up as a six marker in restless earth. It hasn't come up in so long.
    Thanks for the heads up.... better get cracking!

ReputationRep:
    I made a thread called
    GCSE Edexcel B Geography - Unit 1 - Tuesday 24th May 2016Please discuss exam related information. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the heads up.... better get cracking!
    Your welcome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speedbird129)
    I made a thread called
    GCSE Edexcel B Geography - Unit 1 - Tuesday 24th May 2016Please discuss exam related information. Good luck!
    Ah sorry didn't see it!

ReputationRep:
    Ah sorry didn't see it!
    That's ok. Don't feel obliged to join in.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.