Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm doing a 12-week internship between my 2nd and 3rd years of university with quite a big company which is involved in national security. I know that companies of this kind drugs test postgraduate employees when they go for an actual job, but do you think there is any chance of them doing this if it's just for an internship? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm doing a 12-week internship between my 2nd and 3rd years of university with quite a big company which is involved in national security. I know that companies of this kind drugs test postgraduate employees when they go for an actual job, but do you think there is any chance of them doing this if it's just for an internship? Thanks.
    The obvious answer here is stop doing drugs.

(Original post by Inazuma)
    The obvious answer here is stop doing drugs.
    Except that wasn't actually the answer to my fairly specific question, was it? But thanks for your irrelevant moralising.

ReputationRep:
    Except that wasn't actually the answer to my fairly specific question, was it? But thanks for your irrelevant moralising.
    There's always a chance.
    Stop doing it, and no need to worry. Rather simple logic.
    Keep doing it, and you'll just keep worrying because no-one can answer for sure.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it, unless you have to drive a lot or operate machinery

(Original post by Inazuma)
    There's always a chance.
    Stop doing it, and no need to worry. Rather simple logic.
    Keep doing it, and you'll just keep worrying because no-one can answer for sure.
    I'm not worried, I'm just wondering if they do or not. Besides, I don't know if stopping would mean I'd pass a drugs test, because I don't know how long certain things stay in your system. Your response was useless.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the prestige of the company, or the drug.

I'm inclined to agree that if they do it for an actual job, knocking it on the head until they either test you or you're sure they don't wouldn't hurt, everyone needs a tolerance break now and then after all

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.