AS Psychology Unit 2 Edexcel Resit Watch

bethdean
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Anyone have any predictions for the last question on the paper??
ruthelwyne
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
SORRY NO PREDICTIONS: BUT WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THAT 'STRESS' IS NOT ON THIS SYLLABUS FOR EDEXCEL AS-LEVEL [6PSO2] THIS MONDAY?
CAUSE I THINK THAT I AM REVISING 'psychodynamic approach' & 'biological approach' & 'learning approach' AND THAT IS ALL: YEAH?
CONFUSED BECAUSE ON YOUTUBE AS-LEVEL REVISE CHANNEL THERE IS A SECTION ON STRESS!!
ruthelwyne
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So: My prediction is it is that it is not on stress
will it be on bandura et al and mundane realism, generalisabilty & ecological validity of their research from 1961?
Like: How would you improve their experiment and account for extraneous // confounding variables and ethics?
ruthelwyne
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYA_...zvmIb&index=35

THIS DEVOTES SEVERAL POWERPOINT SLIDES TO 'STRESS' BUT I AM HOPING THAT EDEXCEL DOES NOT INCLUDE THIS AS IT IS A LOT TO REVISE!!
THE REST OF THE SIDE SHOW IS USEFUL TO REVISE FROM THOU: ANY IDEAS?
bethdean
Rep:
?
(Original post by ruthelwyne)
SORRY NO PREDICTIONS: BUT WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THAT 'STRESS' IS NOT ON THIS SYLLABUS FOR EDEXCEL AS-LEVEL [6PSO2] THIS MONDAY?
CAUSE I THINK THAT I AM REVISING 'psychodynamic approach' & 'biological approach' & 'learning approach' AND THAT IS ALL: YEAH?
CONFUSED BECAUSE ON YOUTUBE AS-LEVEL REVISE CHANNEL THERE IS A SECTION ON STRESS!!
Yeah stress isn't on this paper, there's a new specification for edexcel so stress might be on that but on the resit tomorrow its just psychodynamic learning and biological
bethdean
Rep:
?
This is a checklist I found for what we need to know for it:

DescribeClassical Conditioning Theory
Describe Operant Conditioning Theory
Describe Social Learning Theory
Describe and Evaluate Little Albert Study
Describe and Evaluate Bandura study
Describe and Evaluate Token Economy Therapy
Describe and Evaluate how learning theory is usedto explain gender (comparison to biological and psychodynamic)
Describe and Explain the Learning Key Issue
LearningPractical
Describe the role of the CNS and neurotransmitters
Describe the role of genes (nature v nurturedebate)
Describe and Evaluate how biological theory is usedto explain gender (comparison to learning and psychodynamic)
Describe and Evaluate Gottesman and Shields Study
Describe and Evaluate Money Study
Describe and Explain the Biological Key Issue
BiologicalPractical
Describeand Evaluate Freud’s Theory
Describe defence mechanisms
Describe and Evaluate how Freud’s theory is used toexplain gender (comparison to learning and biological)
Describe and Evaluate Little Hans Study
Describe and Evaluate Dibs Study
Describe and Explain the Psychodynamic Key Issue
PsychodynamicPractical
Describeand Evaluate Observations
Describe and Evaluate Lab Experiments
Describe and Evaluate Twin and Adoption Studies asa method
Describe MRI and PET scans
Describe and Evaluate the use of animal experiments
Describe and Evaluate Case Studies
Describe and Assess the Cross Sectional andLongitudinal methods
Describe and Evaluate the Correlation methods

Some studies might be different for different schools but I think that's basically everything we need to know
ruthelwyne
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well thanx 4 replying bethdean & co:
I'm pretty happy that i have penned enough to bare pass as an as-level but on money (1975) question i seriously left some blank space & crossed through 'gender' for 'schizophrenia': Because? I do not know!!
So that must be about 12 marks off for me & i should have listened to my 'intuition': But fingers-crossed & well done everyone else !!
Ps: What did we put for the bandura short answer question?
Because i caved & ticked 'bobo doll' & i don't think that is quite the answer
keyadeb
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I found this exam to be too biological for my liking, how did you guys find it?
ruthelwyne
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Think that i passed & managed some biological 'chat' about chromesomes, neurotansmitters, the xy heriditary sex chromosomes & synapses but i feel i could have done better all round: I only spent 1 month or less revising (2 weeks on writing notes) and was still reading material that was 'news' to me in the library lobby before the exam
i feel relieved it is all over & remember to repat a module is about £125 over or under
plus if you learn from your 'mistakes' you may well ber prepared for next time: I hope so!!
keyadeb
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Think that i passed & managed some biological 'chat' about chromesomes, neurotansmitters, the xy heriditary sex chromosomes & synapses but i feel i could have done better all round: I only spent 1 month or less revising (2 weeks on writing notes) and was still reading material that was 'news' to me in the library lobby before the exam
i feel relieved it is all over & remember to repat a module is about £125 over or under
plus if you learn from your 'mistakes' you may well ber prepared for next time: I hope so!!
The grade boundaries may be low, many people were not able to finish
bigady1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey quick question would i be able to resit this unit 2 next year
Like I had done psychology AS in June 2015 and received a C
I have not resit this year
would I be able to Resit next year
ruthelwyne
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
OOPS!! Actually I got a U grade at AS-Level! Do you even get a certificate for a grade U?
I rung Edexcel about declining the grade: not an option anymore?
But the lady said I could still resit the AS-Level.
Should I shell out for remarking or repeat in another year: DILEMUIS DE REVOITRE RECOUOSIPSE RITE #GUYS#??
ruthelwyne
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
#GUYS#
LAURA YOU CANT AIN'T NOT IGNORING ME: [...] GOSH WHY HOW MUCH DID THAT COST TO REPEAT LADIES O YELLA?
"CAUSE YOU CANT FEED THE PIGS THE SAME MEAL AS THE BAIRNS YA KNOW THAT YOU WOULD NEVER SELL THEM AGAIN IF YOU TAKES THEN MAKE A DAY OFF OUT OF THE MARKET STAY OR THEN BUT PROBABLY AND A PIG'S EAR OUT OF THE INSPECTION"
[LOL]
HAVE A NICE-ER DAY
:confused:
ruthelwyne
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
#GUYS#
LAURA YOU CANT AIN'T NOT IGNORING ME: [...] GOSH WHY HOW MUCH DID THAT COST TO REPEAT LADIES O YELLA?
"CAUSE YOU CANT FEED THE PIGS THE SAME MEAL AS THE BAIRNS YA KNOW THAT YOU WOULD NEVER SELL THEM AGAIN IF YOU TAKES THEN MAKE A DAY OFF OUT OF THE MARKET STAY OR THEN BUT PROBABLY AND A PIG'S EAR OUT OF THE INSPECTION"
[LOL]
HAVE A NICE-ER DAY
:confused::confused::crossedf:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (37)
11.31%
I used to but I don't now (12)
3.67%
No, but I want to start (116)
35.47%
No, I am unable to (73)
22.32%
No, I chose not to (89)
27.22%