Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any predictions for the last question on the paper??

ReputationRep:
    SORRY NO PREDICTIONS: BUT WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THAT 'STRESS' IS NOT ON THIS SYLLABUS FOR EDEXCEL AS-LEVEL [6PSO2] THIS MONDAY?
    CAUSE I THINK THAT I AM REVISING 'psychodynamic approach' & 'biological approach' & 'learning approach' AND THAT IS ALL: YEAH?
    CONFUSED BECAUSE ON YOUTUBE AS-LEVEL REVISE CHANNEL THERE IS A SECTION ON STRESS!!

ReputationRep:
    So: My prediction is it is that it is not on stress
    will it be on bandura et al and mundane realism, generalisabilty & ecological validity of their research from 1961?
    Like: How would you improve their experiment and account for extraneous // confounding variables and ethics?

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYA_...zvmIb&index=35

THIS DEVOTES SEVERAL POWERPOINT SLIDES TO 'STRESS' BUT I AM HOPING THAT EDEXCEL DOES NOT INCLUDE THIS AS IT IS A LOT TO REVISE!!
    THE REST OF THE SIDE SHOW IS USEFUL TO REVISE FROM THOU: ANY IDEAS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthelwyne)
    SORRY NO PREDICTIONS: BUT WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THAT 'STRESS' IS NOT ON THIS SYLLABUS FOR EDEXCEL AS-LEVEL [6PSO2] THIS MONDAY?
    CAUSE I THINK THAT I AM REVISING 'psychodynamic approach' & 'biological approach' & 'learning approach' AND THAT IS ALL: YEAH?
    CONFUSED BECAUSE ON YOUTUBE AS-LEVEL REVISE CHANNEL THERE IS A SECTION ON STRESS!!
    Yeah stress isn't on this paper, there's a new specification for edexcel so stress might be on that but on the resit tomorrow its just psychodynamic learning and biological

ReputationRep:
    This is a checklist I found for what we need to know for it:

DescribeClassical Conditioning Theory
    Describe Operant Conditioning Theory
    Describe Social Learning Theory
    Describe and Evaluate Little Albert Study
    Describe and Evaluate Bandura study
    Describe and Evaluate Token Economy Therapy
    Describe and Evaluate how learning theory is usedto explain gender (comparison to biological and psychodynamic)
    Describe and Explain the Learning Key Issue
    LearningPractical
    Describe the role of the CNS and neurotransmitters
    Describe the role of genes (nature v nurturedebate)
    Describe and Evaluate how biological theory is usedto explain gender (comparison to learning and psychodynamic)
    Describe and Evaluate Gottesman and Shields Study
    Describe and Evaluate Money Study
    Describe and Explain the Biological Key Issue
    BiologicalPractical
    Describeand Evaluate Freud’s Theory
    Describe defence mechanisms
    Describe and Evaluate how Freud’s theory is used toexplain gender (comparison to learning and biological)
    Describe and Evaluate Little Hans Study
    Describe and Evaluate Dibs Study
    Describe and Explain the Psychodynamic Key Issue
    PsychodynamicPractical
    Describeand Evaluate Observations
    Describe and Evaluate Lab Experiments
    Describe and Evaluate Twin and Adoption Studies asa method
    Describe MRI and PET scans
    Describe and Evaluate the use of animal experiments
    Describe and Evaluate Case Studies
    Describe and Assess the Cross Sectional andLongitudinal methods
    Describe and Evaluate the Correlation methods

Some studies might be different for different schools but I think that's basically everything we need to know

ReputationRep:
    Well thanx 4 replying bethdean & co:
    I'm pretty happy that i have penned enough to bare pass as an as-level but on money (1975) question i seriously left some blank space & crossed through 'gender' for 'schizophrenia': Because? I do not know!!
    So that must be about 12 marks off for me & i should have listened to my 'intuition': But fingers-crossed & well done everyone else !!
    Ps: What did we put for the bandura short answer question?
    Because i caved & ticked 'bobo doll' & i don't think that is quite the answer

ReputationRep:
    I found this exam to be too biological for my liking, how did you guys find it?

ReputationRep:
    Think that i passed & managed some biological 'chat' about chromesomes, neurotansmitters, the xy heriditary sex chromosomes & synapses but i feel i could have done better all round: I only spent 1 month or less revising (2 weeks on writing notes) and was still reading material that was 'news' to me in the library lobby before the exam
    i feel relieved it is all over & remember to repat a module is about £125 over or under
    plus if you learn from your 'mistakes' you may well ber prepared for next time: I hope so!!

ReputationRep:
    Think that i passed & managed some biological 'chat' about chromesomes, neurotansmitters, the xy heriditary sex chromosomes & synapses but i feel i could have done better all round: I only spent 1 month or less revising (2 weeks on writing notes) and was still reading material that was 'news' to me in the library lobby before the exam
    i feel relieved it is all over & remember to repat a module is about £125 over or under
    plus if you learn from your 'mistakes' you may well ber prepared for next time: I hope so!!
    The grade boundaries may be low, many people were not able to finish

ReputationRep:
    Hey quick question would i be able to resit this unit 2 next year
    Like I had done psychology AS in June 2015 and received a C
    I have not resit this year
    would I be able to Resit next year

ReputationRep:
    OOPS!! Actually I got a U grade at AS-Level! Do you even get a certificate for a grade U?
    I rung Edexcel about declining the grade: not an option anymore?
    But the lady said I could still resit the AS-Level.
    Should I shell out for remarking or repeat in another year: DILEMUIS DE REVOITRE RECOUOSIPSE RITE #GUYS#??

ReputationRep:
    #GUYS#
    LAURA YOU CANT AIN'T NOT IGNORING ME: [...] GOSH WHY HOW MUCH DID THAT COST TO REPEAT LADIES O YELLA?
    "CAUSE YOU CANT FEED THE PIGS THE SAME MEAL AS THE BAIRNS YA KNOW THAT YOU WOULD NEVER SELL THEM AGAIN IF YOU TAKES THEN MAKE A DAY OFF OUT OF THE MARKET STAY OR THEN BUT PROBABLY AND A PIG'S EAR OUT OF THE INSPECTION"
    [LOL]
    HAVE A NICE-ER DAY
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    #GUYS#
    LAURA YOU CANT AIN'T NOT IGNORING ME: [...] GOSH WHY HOW MUCH DID THAT COST TO REPEAT LADIES O YELLA?
    "CAUSE YOU CANT FEED THE PIGS THE SAME MEAL AS THE BAIRNS YA KNOW THAT YOU WOULD NEVER SELL THEM AGAIN IF YOU TAKES THEN MAKE A DAY OFF OUT OF THE MARKET STAY OR THEN BUT PROBABLY AND A PIG'S EAR OUT OF THE INSPECTION"
    [LOL]
    HAVE A NICE-ER DAY
    :confused::confused::crossedf:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.