Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HIS2R:A SIXTIES SOCIAL REVOLUTION? British society, 1959-75 (Re-sit 2016) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Is anybody sitting this exam on Wednesday?

How are you feeling?

I think it's a pretty easy exam in terms of memorising content, but I really want to hit most, if not all of the 12 marks and 22+ for the 24 markers (and I normally can't).

Any exampler essays?
    tips?
    help?
    holy water? (jk)

ReputationRep:
    I hate the source question :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Nobody? :ashamed:

ReputationRep:
    bump!

ReputationRep:
    This is such a sad, lonely thread. I assume nobody is re-sitting this unit then... XD

ReputationRep:
    I'm sitting this!! Not feeling really confident about it though but ah well. What do you think is going to come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vices)
    I'm sitting this!! Not feeling really confident about it though but ah well. What do you think is going to come up?
    Hi!

I think mass media and liberalisation of laws are likely ones, also the establishment. Maybe widening opportunities.
    I don't think youth culture or immigration is likely to come up again as it came up last year...

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone re sitting this exam today!

ReputationRep:
    how did you guys find it?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was quite a nice paper but I messed up the first 24 marker as I wrote about what was in the source but didn't reference it... Does anyone know how badly this will damage my marks?

ReputationRep:
    I slightly ran out of time.. so had to round up the conclusions pretty quickly. Was a really nice paper though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tina_nandos)
    how did you guys find it?
    The women question was brilliant and I predicted that would come up.

I feel a bit saddened by my answer to the 59 election and Harold wilson question :/

It was okay....

(Original post by KGNines)
    I thought it was quite a nice paper but I messed up the first 24 marker as I wrote about what was in the source but didn't reference it... Does anyone know how badly this will damage my marks?
    I don't think it will damage your marks.

(Original post by arondotcom_)
    I slightly ran out of time.. so had to round up the conclusions pretty quickly. Was a really nice paper though!
    It was okay, pretty simple but I wish I had just focused a bit harder on the early wilson years. Oh well, you live and you learn.

ReputationRep:
    it was definitely better than last year though

ReputationRep:
    spent way too long on the first 12 marker and not enough on the last 2 questions on mass media so probs not done that well but worse comes to worst i can't get lower than a C on this paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What did people write for the 12 mark source question?

ReputationRep:
    Also do u think the boundaries will be high?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.