Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Physics, it sucks.
    I have 4 exams next week, geography, business, physics and maths i feel like i should not bother doing Physics as i'll get another chance at science anyway [B2,C2,P2]
    I'd be happy with 7 GCSE's.
    Is this a bad decision? If so, please tell me.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by LearnForYOU)
    Physics, it sucks.
    I have 4 exams next week, geography, business, physics and maths i feel like i should not bother doing Physics as i'll get another chance at science anyway [B2,C2,P2]
    Do you do seperate science or additional? One thing i would say is for some things you might need a C in science for at uni but otherwise although i wouldnt say no bothering is a good idea, if you feel you need to give attention to subjects you know you'll get better grades in then do it,

ReputationRep:
    I think if its gonna be no use to you then do it, I took Japanese but i actually hate it so im basically gonna get a U in it lmao

ReputationRep:
    Physics, it sucks.
    I'd aim for (at least) 8, so stick with the Physics.

Also, how will you 'get another chance at Science'? Exactly what Science units have you taken and what are you planning to take?

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Okay, but seriously, dropping Physics now might be a bad idea. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Physics, it sucks.
    Hiya
    I know people who have dropped subjects and have been happy with their decision, but they were French, Geography and History (respectively), not a fundamental GCSE like Physics.

If you think you could achieve a pass in P1 without any effort and that's all you're aiming for, then I'd say to go for it if that will give you sufficient time to do well in your other GCSEs. If you think it would cause you to fail physics completely, then I'd suggest re-evalutating your decision, and perhaps looking at taking the focus off another subject - such as business - that doesn't have as much bearing with future employers or universities.

At the end of the day though, you've got to make this decision for yourself :)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Compost)
    I'd aim for (at least) 8, so stick with the Physics.

Also, how will you 'get another chance at Science'? Exactly what Science units have you taken and what are you planning to take?
    There's 2 GCSE's for Science, 1 for year 10 and 1 for year 11 i'm more comfortable with the year 11 stuff the year 10 is really a waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    There's 2 GCSE's for Science, 1 for year 10 and 1 for year 11 i'm more comfortable with the year 11 stuff the year 10 is really a waste of time.
    I don't understand. So you are doing Science, Additional Science and Physics? That means you must be taking P1 and P2 twice.

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend who dropped a GCSE subject literally 2 weeks before exams, I advised her not to as she was really good at it and we had already completed the syllabus and she had put all the work in. So I think you should do it because you have done all the work now and learnt all the stuff, you might as well get some recognition for having done physics for the last 2 years, but its up to you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.