Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OMG community service is like slavery! Watch

ReputationRep:
    So as some of you may know I recently escaped a prison sentence and got handed 240hrs community service and a curfew. Just done my first shift and its slavery I am being held captive by slave masters. We have to wear green jackets and pickup litter and the overseers (slave masters) watch us telling us to go faster. Its literally like like what the Africans went through in America..

I would rather do the 240hrs in Prison I am going to ask if thats an option as thats only 10 days and I could just get it over and done with.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Freedom over ones own actions is a right that criminals don't deserve
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    240hrs? What did you do again?

ReputationRep:
    You're a convicted criminal, and thus criminals should have less human rights, as it is only fair.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Well, hopefully it'll act as a deterrent, and you won't reoffend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Souljer)
    So as some of you may know I recently escaped a prison sentence and got handed 240hrs community service and a curfew. Just done my first shift and its slavery I am being held captive by slave masters. We have to wear green jackets and pickup litter and the overseers (slave masters) watch us telling us to go faster. Its literally like like what the Africans went through in America..

I would rather do the 240hrs in Prison I am going to ask if thats an option as thats only 10 days and I could just get it over and done with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Were you expecting to enjoy community service?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Oh I thought that community service was meant to be enjoyable or rewarding.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well you got it easy you know, my dad does community service and has a load of fun... I don't see him anymore but I've heard he does from other people

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    10 days in prison costs the taxpayer money, whereas 240 hours of litter picking saves the local council money instead.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry. Soon you will end up like these guys:borat:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infamous*)
    Dibs on Simon's powers!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    haahahahahahhahaahhahahahahhaha

ReputationRep:
    This post is truly ridiculous. Take responsibility for your actions and suck it up.
    Community service is not fun but mate, neither is prison. 240 hours of community service is NOTHING compared to an actual prison sentence.
    I know prison seems a bit cushy nowadays but honestly its not. It's awful and lonely and 100000x worse than community service.
    Perhaps you do need a custodial sentence to make you appreciate the kindness that is community service.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infamous*)
    I loved this show way too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    x
    That is very disrespectful

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.