Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm so stuck on my law coursework I was ok until I got to 2000 words, I am now having a mental block!! Please could you give me any ideas on what to include ??? the title is about the human rights ac 1998 and how this has changed the role of the judiciary. I also need to talk about the inferred morality of the human rights act 1998.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OR GIVE ANY IDEAS ( I will owe my whole life to you)

Thank you so much, I am really struggling.

ReputationRep:
    You haven't told us anything you included already?

In terms of the changed role of judges some of the points you would make:

1. The impact which the Section 3 interpretative obligation has on the traditional role of the judiciary;
    2. The interplay between Section 3 and 4 and what this tells us about constitutional relations;
    3. Different constitutional theories under the HRA, in particular constitutional dialogue;
    4. The nature of rights meaning that the judiciary is "pulled" into political disputes more often.

There are many, many more things you could write about here, but I have no idea what exactly the question is and what you have covered thus far.

In terms of the inferred morality of the HRA, I assume what the question is getting at is the moral basis of those rights: in other words, what moral message or expression can we infer from the list of rights which are incorporated and protected in UK law under the Human Rights Act. Again, that is a very complex question with numerous opinions.

ReputationRep:
    Share with us the question and outline what you have already written and we can then see what we can add for you. Although I'm sure the academic integrity will be questionable. It's best to take any ideas and fully research them yourself as when it comes to exam time, that could be game over if you don't know it like the back of your hand.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, thanks for your help! the question is
    The Human Rights Act 1998 does nothing to change the political role of the judiciary, they have always kept politics outside of the law.Critically discuss this statement considering the argumentsfor and against the political role of judges and the inferred morality of theHRA 1998.It has to be 3000 words. So far I've included about section 3 and the traditional role of the judiciary, about the theory if dworkin and Hart, Judicial discretion and human rights and constitutional theories under the HRA, cases like belmarsh and R v R and Ghaidan v mendoza, i've included other academics, journal articles but I literally don't know what else to include!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazhra)
    Hey guys, thanks for your help! the question is
    The Human Rights Act 1998 does nothing to change the political role of the judiciary, they have always kept politics outside of the law.Critically discuss this statement considering the argumentsfor and against the political role of judges and the inferred morality of theHRA 1998.It has to be 3000 words. So far I've included about section 3 and the traditional role of the judiciary, about the theory if dworkin and Hart, Judicial discretion and human rights and constitutional theories under the HRA, cases like belmarsh and R v R and Ghaidan v mendoza, i've included other academics, journal articles but I literally don't know what else to include!
    Surely if you have included all of that then you are near 3,000 words? I've written essays on single constitutional theories under the HRA that were 3,000 words and struggled to fit everything in, and it seems like you have a lot to cover.

The only things I suggest you look at that you seem not to have is (a) the nature of rights as attempts to make the political legal (read JAG Griffith for the basic argument); (b) the prisoner voting saga and how the judiciary have become involved there through the declaration of incompatibility etc; (c) the sexual offenders register saga; (d) the case, released a few days ago, PJS which concerns a celebrity threesome injunction. There has been significant public outcry about the decision in the case, and the political nature of the judgement. You can argue it either way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeneralStudent95)
    Surely if you have included all of that then you are near 3,000 words? I've written essays on single constitutional theories under the HRA that were 3,000 words and struggled to fit everything in, and it seems like you have a lot to cover.

The only things I suggest you look at that you seem not to have is (a) the nature of rights as attempts to make the political legal (read JAG Griffith for the basic argument); (b) the prisoner voting saga and how the judiciary have become involved there through the declaration of incompatibility etc; (c) the sexual offenders register saga; (d) the case, released a few days ago, PJS which concerns a celebrity threesome injunction. There has been significant public outcry about the decision in the case, and the political nature of the judgement. You can argue it either way.
    Yes, I have done 2000 words. Literally, just had a mental block because i've been revising and not really focusing on coursework!!! thank you for your help and giving me some ideas I will easily get it done now. ))

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.