Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got 49/50 on my practical what would i need out of 80 on the test to get a B?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie Moseley)
    I got 49/50 on my practical what would i need out of 80 on the test to get a B?
    Based on last year's grade boundaries, 49/50 gives you 120/120 UMS (I know this may sound strange but the reason for this is that there is a full UMS 'cap' that is worked out by adding the difference between the A* and A grade boundaries onto the A* boundary). Last year 45/50 was an A and 47/50 was an A* so the full UMS cap (i.e. the mark that gets you 120/120 UMS) is at 49/50.

So assuming this stays the same, with 120 UMS you need 20/80 UMS to get a grade B (as you need 140/200 UMS overall). To get 20/80 UMS last year on the exam you needed to score 20/80 marks on the exam.

To get an A you need 160/200 UMS overall which means you need 40/80 UMS on the exam and you needed 40/80 marks on the exam to get this last year.

To get an A* you need 180/200 UMS overall which means you need 60/80 UMS on the exam and you needed 54/80 marks on the exam to get this last year.

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou thats helped me out a lot

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.