Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel AS History Tudors retake (old spec): please can anyone who did this answer :) Watch

ReputationRep:
    I got a C in last years Tudor paper and I'd like to get an A in my retake. I was looking at the question which threw me from the 2015 paper:

'Do you agree with the view that, as Lord Chancellor, Cardinal Wolsey’s main aim was to increase royal authority in England?'

I really struggled with which elements of Wolsey's policy affected royal authority, so whilst I knew all my facts about justice, finance etc, I think I really missed the point of the question because I misunderstood what counts as 'royal authority'.

Could anyone who did well in last years Tudors AS paper help me with how they answered this please, or anyone who understands the question as I'd like to improve on where I went wrong Thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i also got a C for this paper last year. In fact 90 per cent of class got a C for some strange reason.I feel more prepared this year and have acknowledged my mistakes. I did not revise at all last year and was still able to achieve a C. How have you been revising and what are your predictions / predictions that you have heard of for this years paper ?

ReputationRep:
    Retaking but doing option E

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alid11)
    Hey, i also got a C for this paper last year. In fact 90 per cent of class got a C for some strange reason.I feel more prepared this year and have acknowledged my mistakes. I did not revise at all last year and was still able to achieve a C. How have you been revising and what are your predictions / predictions that you have heard of for this years paper ?
    hey, a lot of people got C's in my class too when they'd been predicted higher, it was very strange. Personally I find mind maps and flash cards the most useful so I've been going over key points and looking at past paper examples to look at how to answer the questions most effectively, how about you? And I haven't heard any predictions for what will be on this paper, though I'm hoping part B will be something to do with foreign policy because that's what I'm most confident on

ReputationRep:
    I have also been checking examiner reports out ! Its really helpful in understanding the structure.I hope foreign policy come up in part B too. I think something on the reformation/ break of rome we defo come up after look thorough all the past paper questions. What topic are you doing for a2 ?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I'm really struggling to get a thorough knowledge of the reformation parliament, what sort of things should I know to go into the exam with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alid11)
    I have also been checking examiner reports out ! Its really helpful in understanding the structure.I hope foreign policy come up in part B too. I think something on the reformation/ break of rome we defo come up after look thorough all the past paper questions. What topic are you doing for a2 ?
    yeah examiner's reports and mark schemes are so helpful I'm doing Tudor revolution and conflict for A2 so just continuing on from Henry

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.