The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
tis_me_lord
A freakishly large amount of people seem to be left handed. :eek:

I hear they're naturally better at football and more creative than right handers like me. :frown:

I must be the exception to the rule then, as I totally suck at football (or any sport) and am not creative, lol.
Reply 61
My brother and I are both left handed and we both tend to be academically gifted. My younger brother is excellent at Art. His art teacher told him he could get an A at GCSE at the moment and he is in year 8! I tend to be better at the maths and sciences.
Lefties tend to be better at shapes, thinking logically and creative subjects.
And just to remind everyone, the official left handers day is on AUGUST 13TH.
Reply 62
I'm left-handed and have to do everything like holding my knife and fork in opposite hands, play squash with my left hand and definitely write with my left hand.

Whenever I write though, I have to turn the page 45-90 degrees clockwise, which when people see me doing that always comment upon it as being freaky and make me feel self-conscious!

Left handed people are more clever, e.g. there is a much higher percentage of left handed doctors than left handers in the general population! :smile:
Reply 63
I find it ridiculous how large selfish companies make everything for right handers when in fact lefties make up 1/9 of the global population,
approximately 660 000 000 people. This includes cars, pens, rulers, notepads, computer mice, etc

I went fishing once with my scout group and I asked the fisherman to adjust my rod. By the time he finished adjusting everyone else had caught at least 5 fish. Then when he finished, he took hold of the rod and gave it a go. And im thinking "hey I'm the one who is left handed here" guess what? he couldn't work it, hmm surprise surprise and the rod broke. So i had to sit watching the sea and others fishing and I had caught nothing, a wasted day out all because of my so called disadvantage.

I also went rifle shooting and of course I was the one who had to say "excuse me I'm left handed"
I aimed at the targets and the gun felt unnatural on my shoulder, at the end i did quite well but everyone said to me that was a really bad attempt. It just makes you want to scream!
I think that left handed pressure groups should be formed to persuade everyone that left handers exist and shouldn't be discriminated against. Anyone else agree?
Reply 64
Left handed people are intelligent.
Do you know that 4 out of 5 people who designed the first working PC were left handed. Without their ideas, we wouldn't have computer cursors, desktops, icons, option bars etc
Reply 65
The Apple macintosh by the way.
Reply 66
I a left handed viola player! The iMac at my works brilliant, it has a scoket for both the right hand side and the left :biggrin:
Reply 67
Famous lefties
Buzz Aldrin
Neil Armstrong
John McEnroe
Paul McCartney
Prince Charles
Prince William
Leonardo Da Vinci - this man was a genius and in my opinion was at least 500 years ahead of his time - he had ideas of the helicopter for Christ's sake!
Oprah Winfrey - soon to be billionnaire
Albert Einstein
Beethoven
Benjamin Franklin
Joan of Arc
Julius Caesar
Michelangelo
Napoleon
Pablo Picasso
Queen Victoria
Wow! surprised to see there are so many lefties on this forum.. add me to the list. Both my parents are right-handed yet 3 out of their 5 children are lefties (me included)... kinda strange, but I love being a left-handed person. I think it is true that somehow lefties are more creative and I also heard they're supposed to be better at racquet sports too! :smile:
Reply 69
power to the lefties!
(even tho i am terribly clumsy) :rolleyes:
icklehc
power to the lefties!
(even tho i am terribly clumsy) :rolleyes:

By the power of leftskull!!
Has anyone ever heard that lefties who are forced to write with the right hand tend to develop a stutter? A while back left-handers in my country used to be forced to write with the other hand because being a leftie was seen as demonic/unnatural. Can't remember who told me that that used to cause lefties to stutter, but i KNOW i heard it... very strange. :frown:
Reply 72
trinigyal
Has anyone ever heard that lefties who are forced to write with the right hand tend to develop a stutter? A while back left-handers in my country used to be forced to write with the other hand because being a leftie was seen as demonic/unnatural. Can't remember who told me that that used to cause lefties to stutter, but i KNOW i heard it... very strange. :frown:

thats true with my uncle
he has no confidence and a stutter and was originally left handed but forced to write with his right hand...hmm interesting
Reply 73
trinigyal

Wow, my parents (well my dad) forced meto write with my right hand when I was naturally writing with my left hand!!! I still can write with my left hand, quite well, but obviously not as competently as my right, but I think with practice I will pick it up. When I play sports, my left said is 'stronger' I suppose, but yeah I think Im a leftie at heart. Even if write with my right hand, I hold the pen rather hold, grabbing it in like a fist! My dad tried to get rid of that too but let it go, cos I wrote well enough as a rightie!!!!!!
Reply 74
I'm left handed. I do some things right handed though, like computer mice etc. BTW cars actually discriminate in favour of lefties, because the driver has to do more difficult things with the left hand, like change gear, press the keys for the radio, etc, whereas the right hand just holds the steering wheel (this is only if you have a right hand drive obviously).
Reply 75
musicman
I'm left handed. I do some things right handed though, like computer mice etc. BTW cars actually discriminate in favour of lefties, because the driver has to do more difficult things with the left hand, like change gear, press the keys for the radio, etc, whereas the right hand just holds the steering wheel (this is only if you have a right hand drive obviously).

I use the mouse with my right hand too. I think I'd find it quite difficult changing gear with my right hand if I ever drove a LHD car.
Reply 76
Im left handed and in primary school my teacher kept thinknig i couldn't do things properly she gave me left handed scissors which i found awkward becase im able to use normal scisors yet she still gives it to me. I don't actually find it hard using right handed equipment except golf would be a problem because its not the same on both sides.

Its really useful though because when playing cricket people are always standing on the other side but i whack it the other way. I also can hit it exceptionally hard dunno if its anything to do with being left.

the mouse thing the mouse has the option to change the clicks but the mouse itself is moulded for right handed people im used to it anyway though.
Reply 77
shushimeng
so where do i go? i am both handed :biggrin:
Since your like both handed when you have to do line well you must have at soem point. Do you like write with both hands at the same time? The only trick i had is using like 3 pens at the same time, i had a set of three so i just put them together and started writing, hehe
I wank with my left hand but am right handed, does that count?
OtherBannedNarb
I wank with my left hand but am right handed, does that count?

It sure does. Why don't you do it with you right hand?

Latest

Trending

Trending